SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bachelor Kitchen - what's in yours
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bachelor Kitchen - what's in yours Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted
So leaving Sunday for Pittsburgh, pretty much packed but I am still working on my kitchen supplies. Trying to pack less than I did when I moved to PHX so I am trying not to just pack my camping chuck box.

I will be staying in an extended stay type hotel for the first couple weeks so I am not packing plates and cups.

So far
- allclad 10 skillet
- allclad 8" nonstick skillet
- 2 large tupperware bowls with lids
- 4" chief knife
- 6" chief knife
- cutting board
- spatula

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
When I worked away from home, I had an apartment worked 10 days flew home for 4 days.

My apartment kitchen, 1 skillet, 1 pot, 6 forks, spoons, knives, glasses I collected from a bar that had keep the beer glass night.

1 chef knife
Kershaw leek was the go to for cutting food steak, chicken, fruit etc....
Cutting board was paper plate.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
When I was working on the road, one of the best kitchen items I took with me was an electric skillet.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
When I was working on the road, one of the best kitchen items I took with me was an electric skillet.

Absolutely. I couldn't always find an extended stay or something with a kitchen/kitchenette within budget, so an electric skillet and a charcoal grill or toaster oven became part of the tool kit.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9698 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Can opener
Peeler
Pasta strainer
Paring knife

Posts: 33871 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
I live in PA but work in VA. I am renting a room in a townhouse but have full kitchen use. I am 48 and my wife and I have been in our house for a while so I was able to bring a lot of extra stuff with me to the apartment.

2 of Plates, bowls, glasses, coffee mugs
4 of each type of utensil (Amazon Basics is great and cheap)
3 Cutting boards
8 inch Chefs knife, 7 inch slicer
2 Cast Iron skillets 12 inch and 10 inch
10 inch stainless skillet
2 Qt stainless saucepan
Strainer
5 Qt enameled cast iron dutch oven
Various utility utensins (can opener, stirring spoons, etc)
Various food storage containers glass and plastic

I cook for myself pretty much every night so i need a bunch of stuff.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There's a very large container of #8 lead shot on the floor in the middle or my kitchen.

Posts: 21123 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Probably the most used item in my kitchen is the electric kettle.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd include a
paring knife
mixing bowl
colander/strainer

Posts: 14689 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I have a 9" square cast iron skillet that gets a lot of use. Also a 2-qt and 2 1-qt stainless/copper bottom sauce pans. I have a small assortment of tableware, a lot of glasses, and enough other dinnerware to serve 4 (but never do that). I also have a beautiful set of Picard china (service for 8, used only once). And a wooden case of gold-plated tableware that seldom sees use (gift from mom).

I live alone (with 6 cats) and never have anyone over, so my kitchen needs are limited. The microwave does get some use, and the broiler in the oven (mostly hot dogs and buns).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
There's a very large container of #8 lead shot on the floor in the middle or my kitchen.

There you go....ultimate bachelor kitchen

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
I live in PA but work in VA. I am renting a room in a townhouse but have full kitchen use. I am 48 and my wife and I have been in our house for a while so I was able to bring a lot of extra stuff with me to the apartment.

2 of Plates, bowls, glasses, coffee mugs
4 of each type of utensil (Amazon Basics is great and cheap)
3 Cutting boards
8 inch Chefs knife, 7 inch slicer
2 Cast Iron skillets 12 inch and 10 inch
10 inch stainless skillet
2 Qt stainless saucepan
Strainer
5 Qt enameled cast iron dutch oven
Various utility utensins (can opener, stirring spoons, etc)
Various food storage containers glass and plastic

I cook for myself pretty much every night so i need a bunch of stuff.

Eek

chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
A crock pot or pressure cooker might be nice.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post