SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas Jeans shut down - Closest alternate?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Jeans shut down - Closest alternate? Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
I got turned on to TX Jeans by a few here. Noticed dwindling stock when I planned to order some more.
Found an article that they shut down & turned production to another line under the parent co.

They've been the most durable 'affordable' jeans I've tried in a while.
What do you guys like, that's of similar durability without being $100/pair?

My last order was around $40/pair, delivered.

Prefer no stretch fabrics, the last pair from TX had their stretch & they're less comfortable & a bit tighter fit.
Relaxed or boot cut preferred, too, as 99% of the time I wear Ariat boots with jeans.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16010 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I tried a pair of their jeans and wasn't impressed with the fit or the delivery time. It's been a few years now, but as I recall it was several months. Tough to get sales that way.

They did seem to be well made though, just not for me. I've been a Cabelas jeans guy for many years until they discontinued my style (Bastards! Mad). I've gone to Wrangler Red Tag jeans. They're a little flimsy, but at ~$20/pair, they'll work.

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Are you firmly committed to jeans? Because I think a nice pair of stretchy capri pants are just fabulous.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Their stretchy jeans were awesome.

Posts: 5929 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Diamond Gusset were nice as well.

Posts: 5929 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Are you firmly committed to jeans? Because I think a nice pair of stretchy capri pants are just fabulous...

Do real men actually wear those? Eek

Q

Posts: 27602 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Probably not.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Are you firmly committed to jeans? Because I think a nice pair of stretchy capri pants are just fabulous...

Probably not real men, but men wannabees. And then there is the whole boot thing on top of that.

Posts: 53836 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Soy Boy version of Ariat Boots they got on.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9379 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I buy Wrangler Relaxed Fit from Walmart. I think they were around $25 last time I bought them.

Posts: 27180 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Duluth Trading makes good jeans - on sale often.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I've been wearing LL Bean jeans for years now. They hold up pretty well to appliance service work. I wore Carhardt jeans for years but they changed the fabric and I was having issues with the side seams tearing out.

Posts: 11290 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I used to like the Costco Kirkland jeans, but a few years ago they changed to a different source and the newer ones are crap. Flimsy and don't fit the same. Since then I've been wearing Wranglers because they were pretty good and the price was right. Lately though I've noticed that they keep getting holes in them just to the left of the zipper, down toward the bottom of it. Almost every pair I own has done that now, and no I'm wearing too small a size. I've got one pair of Duluth Trading jeans that I like a lot, and will probably get some more of those.

Posts: 7417 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I was just looking at the website for Kimes Ranch jeans; apparently some folks on the Yellowstone show wear them, so they've gotten famous.
There is a personal tie-in: I went to high school with Calvin Kimes who is in that family. My cousin Howard has a bunch of their merch he got for free 'cause he knows the family (in Santa Rosa, California).
Their jeans are around a hundred bucks.

Link

Posts: 18378 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been wearing LL Bean jeans for years now.

I found LL Bean Classic Fit to work well. LL Bean has great Fleece Lined jeans for cold weather.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4343 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve jumped on the Duluth Trading jeans, from a previous thread here. I’ve done ok just mail ordering, though there are a few stores if one looks.

My son was visiting a while back, asked about borrowing some pants. They fit him, he liked them, another 2 pair for him.

Posts: 6422 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
5.11 for me.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5216 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Carhartt jeans for steppin' out (around $40). Wrangler jeans for everything else. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Key jeans sold me with very deep pockets at local farm supply stores.

Posts: 2379 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I used to like the Costco Kirkland jeans, but a few years ago they changed to a different source and the newer ones are crap.

I'm fairly certain they were manufactured by Cinch in Mexico. Great fit and nearly indestructible. Maybe see if you can find some Cinch Green Label jeans locally to see what you think. They'll be more expensive than the Kirkland branded variety but I like them a lot more than the nut hugging Wrangler jeans.

Posts: 2860 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post