SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Texas Jeans shut down - Closest alternate?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Jeans shut down - Closest alternate? Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
This real man wont pay over 100.00 bucks for a pair of jeans!

Posts: 841 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been wearing Wrangler MWZ's for years. I can buy them at our local farm store $25 +/-. If they don't happen to fit you Wrangler makes several different fits. I'd bet one would be right for you. They wear good and last as well as any I've seen. I'm sure the price varies depending on fit and where you buy 'em.

_________

Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Henry Ford

Posts: 733 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
If I need actual jeans, good ole Levi’s 501’s. Button fly. I’ve always been partial to them. If I need jeans to wear with my cowboy boots, Originl Wrangler boot cut. Guess I’m old fashioned.

I have heard good things about Jocko’s Jeans. I am not sure if it’s just Jocko nutswingers, or if they’re really great. But at $130 a pair, I’m waiting for someone I know to try them out.

https://originusa.com/collecti...i00E4lZPmXzVoi8b_Y6T

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
If I need actual jeans, good ole Levi’s 501’s. Button fly. I’ve always been partial to them. If I need jeans to wear with my cowboy boots, Originl Wrangler boot cut. Guess I’m old fashioned.

I have heard good things about Jocko’s Jeans. I am not sure if it’s just Jocko nutswingers, or if they’re really great. But at $130 a pair, I’m waiting for someone I know to try them out.

https://originusa.com/collecti...i00E4lZPmXzVoi8b_Y6T

Funny thing, is that I'd read that Origin is who TX Jeans production moved to.
Read that they're about the same, for double the price.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16013 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Are you firmly committed to jeans? Because I think a nice pair of stretchy capri pants are just fabulous.

No, no, no! No white after Labor day!

Posts: 2897 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm sure someone else would point it out if I didn't but Levi's are owned by commie trash. I haven't worn their jeans or Dockers for more than a quarter century. YMMV

Posts: 11292 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Round house jeans

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 398 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
quote:

I'm sure someone else would point it out if I didn't but Levi's are owned by commie trash. I haven't worn their jeans or Dockers for more than a quarter century. YMMV

If I were to boycott every commie trash company, my house would be pretty bare. FWIW, I haven’t bought a pair in about 8 years as I rarely wear jeans.

I had a long reply typed out, but it’s just not worth the argument, or thread crapping in John’s thread.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4365 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I am wearing a pair of Carhartt Logger Pants right now. I've worn them off and on for years. Recently I "outgrew" ( Big Grin ) my everyday jeans so I am back to these. I don't know how old they are but they were made in the USA so probably pretty old.

Even with the double front, they are really comfortable. Maybe it takes years to break them in. I see Amazon has them for $47. They are made in Nicaragua, if that matters to you. Cabela's has them too.

Mine are 100% cotton in Carhartt Brown. I see the ones on Amazon are 98% cotton so that's pretty close. The reviews on Amazon are mostly positive.

Carhartts

Edit to Add:
These are more like the ones I have on. Sadly, they are made in China.
CanvasCarhartts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John Steed,

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2164 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:

I'm fairly certain they were manufactured by Cinch in Mexico. Great fit and nearly indestructible. Maybe see if you can find some Cinch Green Label jeans locally to see what you think. They'll be more expensive than the Kirkland branded variety but I like them a lot more than the nut hugging Wrangler jeans.

Nah, man. No nut huggin' with the "loose fit" Wranglers.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm entitled to this Title
posted Hide Post
I was the guinea pig and purchased some USA made jeans (Kitanica, Origin) and I wasn't a fan of the fit and cut. They are never worn, and I am not sure if they are even still in my closet.
-Wore relaxed fit Levi's for 30 years.

I tried a pair of 1620 (made in USA) pants and for the past three years, that is all that I wear.
I used to wear jeans everyday (I'm not a shorts guys).. Now I only wear these.
Although they do not fit your sub-$100 category, I always end up finding a 20% off coupon and pick up pairs for around $120.

The 1620 Foundation Pant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: American Pit Bull,

Posts: 14000 | Location: WV | Registered: October 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
Diamond Gusset were nice as well.

I've been buying Diamond Gusset Lynchburg Six Pocket jeans and really like having a pocket for my phone.

I prefer the non-stretch material, but their stretch version isn't too bad.

Posts: 1820 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
I’m not familiar with Texas Jeans but Duluth have become my most reliable favorite. Lots of choices in fabric, cut, color and style. Something for everyone.

0:01

Posts: 4286 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendations. I have a 5.11 store pretty close to the house, may stop in to browse there.
I think we have a Duluth store as well, but it's across 'town' in Katy or Friendswood, bit of a haul.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16013 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post