SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Outlook" email question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Outlook" email question Login/Join 
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted
I have a screen that says "your account has been locked, contact your support person and try again"

1 Why is my account locked ?
2 What/who is my support person ? and how do I contact them ?

Thanks in advance for any help. Please type slowly I'm no techno-wizard.

Harry S. Truman

www.CrossCountryQuilting.com
"Deep in the heart of the Ozarks"

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
While I am not a computer techie, I use Outlook all day at work.

To me it sounds like spam or you've been highjacked.

Posts: 3737 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I would tend to agree ^^^^ with h2toys with the limited information.
Care to expand details on exactly where and when.
If it is just an email - ignore it.
If it is a pop-up it could be more seriious.
Can you get or send any emails?
Versions of Outlook?

Posts: 22943 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
just the screen It won't let me go to my email that is connected a business website that I run through godaddy

Harry S. Truman

Posts: 3967 | Location: Boone County, Arkansas | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
So is this an online only version of Outlook or the older actual program that's on your computer?
In either case, I'd suspect a virus or scam you have somehow had infect your account.
Do a search using the exact text and see what pops up there.

Posts: 9546 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:
just the screen It won't let me go to my email that is connected a business website that I run through godaddy

I expect GoDaddy is your Tech support if they host your website and back-end Outlook server.

Log into GoDaddy and see if they have any messages for you about something easy like an expired credit card before you call them for help.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Call your company’s email support team.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Past Master
Picture of yucaipa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sleepla8er:
quote:
Originally posted by yucaipa:

I expect GoDaddy is your Tech support if they host your website and back-end Outlook server.

Log into GoDaddy and see if they have any messages for you about something easy like an expired credit card before you call them for help.

Correct,after I typed and looked at it the light came on.

Auto-renewal was off at godaddy. I work (part-time) 2 jobs both computer/keyboard heavy and I'm in total control.

Once I get outside of my little corner it's embarassing how techno clueless I realy am

Thanks for the responses. Have a Great Thanksgiving.

Harry S. Truman

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I had the same problem for quite a while as well. I think it has something to do with Microsoft 365, maybe a password issue. The problem eventually went away, don't really remember if I did anything to fix it.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16390 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post