SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rock Island IL: Store clerk kills one robber, wounds another UPDATE: NO CHARGES AGAINST GOOD GUY
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Island IL: Store clerk kills one robber, wounds another UPDATE: NO CHARGES AGAINST GOOD GUY Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Hero of the Day: ' "As they were exiting the store, I saw him point the firearm towards a customer that was pulling up, and that’s when I emptied the magazine into him,” the store clerk said.'

News Reporter: 'The employee fired the gun several times and struck two of the alleged robbers.'

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15903 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In shocking news, Marcase, a/k/a/ the victim was already on parole!

"At the time of the robbery Tuesday, Humphries was on parole out of the Illinois Department of Correction's Sheridan Correctional Center, according to Illinois Department of Corrections electronic records.

Humphries was sentenced to five years in prison Jan. 9, 2020, after pleading guilty to a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm during a hearing in Rock Island County Circuit Court.

Humphries was paroled and released from prison on Sept. 24, 2021. His parole was to end Sept. 24, 2023.
"

Complete article with no other new details:

https://qctimes.com/news/local...l#tncms-source=login

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
I live In Illinois and there’s plenty of liberals within two hours of Chicago. Since it sounds like his boss has a gun for protection I’m guessing he won’t get fired then.

Hopefully the boss will consider getting his employees some training. They could make it a team building exercise. Gotta improve the hit ratio.

Posts: 6920 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In another surprise, suspect #3 was already on parole!!

https://www.ourquadcities.com/...ct-in-armed-robbery/

RIPD identified 3rd suspect in armed robbery

by: Brian Weckerly

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 / 03:49 PM CST / Updated: Jan 24, 2022 / 03:49 PM CST

Shauntez D. Thomas (photo: Rock Island Police Department)

Detectives with the Rock Island Police Department identified the third suspect in the armed robbery January 18.

Members of the Davenport Police Department took Shauntez D. Thomas, 22, of Rock Island into custody Sunday, January 23 for a parole violation warrant. On Monday, January 24, the Rock Island Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division obtained an arrest warrant for Thomas for the charge of armed robbery, a class X felony, with a bond set at $500,000.00. Thomas remains in custody at the Scott County Jail pending extradition.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he won't get fired because he quit his job there.

considering the location of the shop, am very surprised they don't employ a ring and buzz in system like the jewelry stores

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54666 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They use the bell on the desk system. Some adults like to hit it again and again.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post