SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Piketon OH Mass murder still unsolved 2+ years later -- UPDATE : Arrests made 11/13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piketon OH Mass murder still unsolved 2+ years later -- UPDATE : Arrests made 11/13 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I really thought this was gonna be a cartel hit that went unsolved..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by limblessbiff:
I really thought this was gonna be a cartel hit that went unsolved..

Me too, I was way wrong. It was Mike Dewine reading a prepared statement on the news this morning. I'm surprised at the timing a little. You'd think he might have gotten that ready for the week before election, not after.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lahilljack
posted Hide Post
Yesterday was the 5th anniversary of the Rhoden family murders and in court, Jake Wagner entered a plea of guilty to 8 aggravated murder charges plus other charges. The prosecutor removed the death penalty on his charges as well as his parents and brother on their pending cases. Jake also agreed to testify against his family members. He has been providing information which has lead to the recovery of the vehicles and weapons used in the murders. He has agreed to 8 life sentences without the possibility of parole. Formal sentencing will be next month.

It appears the motive was over a custody dispute with his ex-girlfriend regarding their 2 1/2 yr old daughter.

News link

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eight people were murdered over a custody dispute? And the entire family was involved? There's got to be more to this crazy story.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3532 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Eight people were murdered over a custody dispute? And the entire family was involved? There's got to be more to this crazy story.

You have to keep in mind that this area borders West Virginia and Kentucky. So it's not too surprising to see the tradition of Blood Feuds crossing the border.

BTW, there is an area of Akron Ohio that locals call LA, short hand for Lower Akron. This particular LA has a rather significant population of West Virgina transplants. If you have ever noticed that Chrissie Hynde looks a bit like a Muskrat you now no the reason because she came out of LA.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post