SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1979 Ford Bronco Sport XLT--$150K!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1979 Ford Bronco Sport XLT--$150K!!! Login/Join 
Picture of lahilljack
posted
Link

No connection with the dealer.

Mike

Posts: 692 | Location: Adams County, Ohio | Registered: June 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I had no idea they were that expensive!

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
I had no idea they were that expensive!

Or somebody is that stupid…

Anyone can ask whatever they want but I have a feeling that this may be available for a while.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6331 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
And it's not even a manual.

$150,000 is beyond stupid.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
When it comes to classic vehicles I’ve begun to understand something. You should never underestimate the money people with deep pockets will pay for nostalgia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If it comes with and 8 track, I'm so in!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29722 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I had a '78 Bronco Ranger XLT. Manual. Wish I still had it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38702 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
I have an 89, Full Size, repainted, new interior, rebuilt 351W, headers etc...it is a nice ride, got out at walmart last week, guy offer 15k on the spot for it lOL

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3325 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
You can ask for anything, doesn't mean it is it's value.
A ground up restoration original or resto-mod can easily hit $100K.
A lot of these vehicles take a hit after the owner sticker shock subsides and they decide to sell it.
Most pay the price originally for sentimental value with little thought of resale value.
IMO

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
When it comes to classic vehicles I’ve begun to understand something. You should never underestimate the money people with deep pockets will pay for nostalgia.
Very true, but that particular Bronco isn't that unique or special. The pricing for that vehicle is absurd.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:
I have an 89, Full Size, repainted, new interior, rebuilt 351W, headers etc...it is a nice ride, got out at walmart last week, guy offer 15k on the spot for it lOL

Holy cow. I've got a 96 eddie bauer with the 351W. Maybe I should clean it up and put it up for sale. I've been saying I was going to build it up someday for a hunting rig, but its' still nearly completely stock and will run. Sounds like the bronco market is hot again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Stating the obvious, this is a resto-mod that has had a significant amount of work/money put into it. On the flip side, whoever did it watched a few to many car flipper shows on cable, and has a vastly inflated concept of the value of his project.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Without belonging to somebody famous, being in a popular movie or some other reason, it's not all that special.
The truck isn't that rare and you could easily find one and restore it to whatever configuration you want for a lot less than that.
I'm guessing it'll be there a while and maybe this was just a publicity stunt for the dealership to get some clicks.

Posts: 9535 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cabellocabeza
posted Hide Post
The whole classic car market is crazy now. I find myself with some extra funds. But how can a 1966 Pontiac GTO sell for $95,000?

Who pays that much for an old car?

I think they are baby boomers out there who are trying to buy a car that reminds them of their youth and they have a lot of money to spend.

But I also think they run the risk of being the last fool in the line. The guy who winds up paying 95,000 for a car nobody drives and then gets sold for half the price.

Posts: 40 | Registered: July 28, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just marketing guys, dealer trying to show how desirable any Bronco is and developing buzz over a "$150K 1979 Bronco". Imagine what a new one will go for in 42 years, you'd be crazy to not buy one right now!

Seems like its working.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
It's not even shiny! $11,500 maybe.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I think the guy was just fishin' for a buyer.

Not too long ago Ted Nugent had one of his Bronco's rebuilt here in Houston by the guy who does the Motortrend Network Show Texas Metal .
THAT was an impressive build and I am sure it's value could push six figures.

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched that rebuild(show) and Ted has a super, high dollar, Bronco!!

Posts: 6629 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm the executor for a friends estate here in BHM and once the estate is closed we will be looking to sell his 1978 Bronco Ranger XLT.
Does anyone have a rough idea what these are going for these days? Several publications I have read are all over the place from as little as $3k (rough condition) to well over $25k. Its nowhere near the condition of this of guys.

Posts: 589 | Location: Helena, AL | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I had a 79 Bronco. A regular model though. It was excellent in many ways. One horrible trait was engine icing. (400 engine, 2V, C6)
Sold the dam thing in the summer when icing was minimal

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6320 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post