SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New car purchase, need opinions**purchase made**
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New car purchase, need opinions**purchase made** Login/Join 
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
My wife thought she wanted a CR-V, but was very disappointed in the drive: seemed not very substantial, engine/transmission noisy.
I drove a CX-5 and would have bought that for sure instead of a CR-V, but we went a different direction and bought a 2018 Accord with which I am extremely happy. It’s amazingly roomy and lots of fun to drive.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2017 Subaru 4 cyl with 48,000 highway miles and am pleased. It was the closest thing I could find to my beloved 2006 4-Runner with 234,000 miles. After driving both the 4 and the 6 cyl, I opted for the 4 cyl. It actually seemed peppier around town than the 6 cyl. Most of my driving is highway and only occasionally have I wanted more power, usually if I'm passing on a two lane highway and notice a semi heading in my direction. I have had some electronic issues with the text message and e-mail notifications and the voice command function is worthless. "Call Ray Smith" Response, "Tuning to channel one".
I do have concerns about the Eyesight system now being standard on all Subarus. This is the automatic braking, lane departure warning crap. I purposely left it off my 2017, now I don't have a choice. I've been driving for the last 62 years without any outside assistance and I think I have it down by now.Several friends have the RAV-4 and are happy with them. My wife has a 2014 Mazda CX-5 with 70,000 miles. I would also consider that. Hers has been bulletproof, has good power and over 30 mpg. The new Mazdas are even more luxurious and quiet .Despite the Eyesight crap, I have encouraged my wife to look at the new Subaru Forester. It drives as quiet and as smoothly as many more expensive SUV's we have driven. Enjoy shopping.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While not a suv type vehicle I have been very happy with my KIA optima great comfort handling and mileage. No issues and very well appointed. Only less than stellar issue is not a lot of get up and go. Might fix that soon with a stinger.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post