SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Favorite Mixed Drink
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Mixed Drink Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
There are only a few mixed drinks I indulge in at all, and rather infrequently; but, I look forward to warm weather because that’s margarita season—everything else is a distant second. Have a favorite mixed drink? What is it?

Don’t drink alcohol? Good for you.

Posts: 13272 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Old Fashioned.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Old Fashioned.

Yup. Hands down. Enjoying one right this very second as a matter of fact.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tk13:
Old Fashioned.

Same here.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I mainly drink beer, but I will sometimes drink Bloody Marys, and occasionally go for a Cape Cod (Cranberry Juice, Vodka, and Lime), or maybe a Moscow Mule.

Rarely, I'll drink a Mojito.

I've had one Old Fashioned that totally blew me away, years ago, but every other one I've tried has been underwhelming.

I hate Tequila, and most Rum drinks are way too sweet for me.

Posts: 32518 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
BRANDY old fashioned.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Old Fashioned.

^^^^ This, the Negroni and the Sazerac.

Posts: 9049 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Dirty Vodka Martini

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Cuba Libre made with Captain. Hmmm, might have to make myself one now.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LIT

Just because,

Cuba libre mostly,

dark and stormy or

My own dark and diet

MT gay rum and Diet Pepsi.

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Margaritas, Mojitos, the occasional Gin and Tonic, a Manhattan or Old Fashioned once in a while, maybe a Cuba Libre or Cape Cod if options are limited, hell - even a few Chocolate "Martinis" if she's hot enough.

Mostly, though, just Whiskey and a little ice when I feel like having a drink or two.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I like a nice smooth Old Fashioned or mojito. But on a hot sweltering day, an ice cold gin or vodka tonic goes down smooth and quick.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12726 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Manhattan in the fall/winter. Martini spring/summer.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the rare occasion when I have a stiff drink: A very DRY Beefeater Martini in a cold glass with the unopened Vermouth bottle somewhere in the same room.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Crown on ice!?

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kentucky Mule, I think I would like a good old fashioned, but I've never had a good one so I'm biased against it.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My buddy and his wife go to Puerto Vallarta 6x per year where the Paloma is more popular than the margarita. He got me to try a Paloma and I’m a fan.

Another drink I like is a mojito using organic mint I grow in my garden.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23266 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
On the rare occasion when I have a stiff drink: A very DRY Beefeater Martini in a cold glass with the unopened Vermouth bottle somewhere in the same room.

Methinks you are acquainted with quotes about Churchill's preferences. If not, you have cited a very similar attitude towards vermouth.

Posts: 2694 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
Prefer my spirits neat, or on the rocks.
However, I will have the occasional vodka tonic w/o lime. Every once in a great while I'll have a Rob Roy... my folks drink of choice when I was a kid.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue gin-ginger
muddle 8 blue berries
1 - tsp simple syrup
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 oz gin
stir with ice, then top up with ginger ale, and adjust to taste.

Also like a vodka Collins made with a citrus flavored vodka.

Posts: 1197 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post