SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meanwhile in the Marine Corps…the first female infantry Sgt Major
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile in the Marine Corps…the first female infantry Sgt Major Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Women have a much more vital and important roll on this planet, and it doesn't involve charging into enemy gunfire. That's a generalized statement of course.

But to quote Andrew Klavan, "Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I agree, wholeheartedly. The problem with our insane society today is that there is this myth being pushed that women are not just the equal of men in every way, rather, they are superior to men in every way, and this includes physical strength and fighting ability.

Most women in this world do understand the differences between the sexes and that women have their strengths, place and duties, and men have their strengths, place and duties. Stripping away all artifice and all the trappings of modern society, women are the seat of the home and the family and men are the hunter-gatherers. Men are the fighters, the builders. And all the leftists and radical feminists simply cannot handle this most basic of truths. Strip away all the comforts, make it a fight for survival, and the women would stay home and the men would do the heavy lifting.

It's impossible, of course, to even attempt to say such a thing to the radicals who think that the little fantasy in their head is actually the reality of this existence.

I've come to a point where I'm so fed up with this childish nonsense, that I pull no punches at anytime with anyone on the subject, and those who can't accept the plain, obvious truth of what I'm saying, do a disservice to themselves. And they don't understand that, either.

This is why, when we hear of some strutting feminist trying to tell us this kind of silly shit, I end up asking where is my damn sandwich. If they are going to discount all the grand achievements of the male sex in all of the existence of Homo Sapiens going back something like 100 or 125,000 years, they get the arrogant, chauvinistic pushback. I mean, what's the difference? If they're going to insult us, they're going to get it back at full throttle.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The heavy lifting in this life is always done by men. Not wanting to accept this truth because of the tsunami of bullshit swamping society right now doesn't change this truth one iota.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If she has 22 years in but some of that time was spent obtaining degrees, do those years in college count towards years of service or not ?

Also, if an enlisted goes out and gets a BA and then a MA, Why wouldn’t they become an officer? Seems if she joined at 18 or so she’s 40 at least, that leaves plenty of time to serve as an officer.

I never served so I have no idea of the protocol.

Completely side related, I have an acquaintance with several high school aged kids who are children of vets and more than one has said no way I’d join ‘right now’. So maybe the kids are paying attention to the world around them.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I'm blind...

Looking at her rack, I'm not seeing a CAR.
No CAR, yet SgtMaj in the Grunts?
I've got warning flags.

A quick text was all I needed.
The warning flags were right.

You're right, no CAR (Combat Action Ribbon) and 20 years of her career we were at War. She'll have to do a lot to earn the respect of all the SNCO's that have one, the same as A male would have too that was missing a CAR.

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10353 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
If she has 22 years in but some of that time was spent obtaining degrees, do those years in college count towards years of service or not?
After a little perusal, it appears to me these were probably all on-line courses and degrees earned while on-duty.

As for the question about college time counting for military years of service, I had 1.5 years of resident classes at a university for a master's degree, paid by the Army, that counted towards time in service. However, it also locked in a 3-year service obligation (IIRC).

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
God made man and woman, not man and man, for a reason.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of uvahawk
posted Hide Post
I am retired Air Force. What a surprise! Similar actions and promotions. This has been a work in progress since the Clinton administration. Why do people continue to be surprised?

Posts: 153 | Location: Low Country, South Carolina | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I'm blind...

Looking at her rack, I'm not seeing a CAR.
No CAR, yet SgtMaj in the Grunts?
I've got warning flags.

A quick text was all I needed.
The warning flags were right.

You're right, no CAR (Combat Action Ribbon) and 20 years of her career we were at War. She'll have to do a lot to earn the respect of all the SNCO's that have one, the same as A male would have too that was missing a CAR.

Granted, her career is in the 0600 / Communication MOS, Looks like she went over to the sandbox about 3 times. But still... Roll Eyes

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of us know what this is about, but if she can do the job and if she doesn't run at the first sound of gunfire (should the occasion ever arise for her), then, I wish her well.
DING! DING! DING!

This right here. My sentiments exactly...

My airline is pushing "specific" aviation program that accepts just about everyone except...EXCEPT...heterosexual white males*. That's all fine and good, but I thought our specific airline's first goal was SAFETY. So how does kow-towing to the social justice flavor of the day honor the HIGHEST SAFETY POSSIBLE????

I think if you polled every swingin' dick pilot at our airline, they would ALL say, "I don't give a shit what ANYONE looks like. If they are hired because of their trainability and success and can be the safest pilot possible, I. DON'T. CARE!!!!!"

But put someone in the cockpit that requires hours upon hours upon HOURS of continued Initial Operating Experience just because they chopped off body parts and can check a lot of SJW boxes (and it's happening...BELIEVE ME), I'll be honest.....I don't want to come within a 100 MILES of them in a cockpit. And yes...I said COCK-PIT.

*Don't have the demographic statistics...just basing my opinion and assumption on what/who is applying for and coming out of the "academy".

On a side note, SgtMaj Audu kinda looks like Yaya DaCosta of Chicago Med...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElToro:
If she has 22 years in but some of that time was spent obtaining degrees, do those years in college count towards years of service or not ?

Yes they count as time in service

Also, if an enlisted goes out and gets a BA and then a MA, Why wouldn’t they become an officer? Seems if she joined at 18 or so she’s 40 at least, that leaves plenty of time to serve as an officer.

yes that is the normal path when enlisted; college degree, either warrant or OCS or direct commissioned. But she may have known she was a sho-in for Sgt Maj then SMaj of the MC

I never served so I have no idea of the protocol.

Completely side related, I have an acquaintance with several high school aged kids who are children of vets and more than one has said no way I’d join ‘right now’. So maybe the kids are paying attention to the world around them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
I guess her Field Radio Operator gave her, her infantry MOS.

Posts: 1839 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I heard from a buddy you can't say WM anymore…

Is BAM is frowned on?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
5 combat tours, three to Iraq and two GWOT-Es. She did her time and did deploy. I've remember walking the Pentagon 10 years ago, and seeing all these senior (O and E) Army types walking around in their ACU cammies. And the lack of combat patches was amazing. And to earn one, you just need to spend 24 hours in an area designated as a combat zone. Enemy fire completely optional. Roll Eyes

The Navy's CAR, especially in the first few years of the GWOT, was a lot harder to earn. On land, not only do you have to receive fire, but also personally return it. I was on the receiving end of rocket fire three times in Afghanistan in 2004. No CAR for me. Iraq in 2006 we got our first IED hit. Insta-CABs for all. But it took a while to get Navy to swap the Army's CAB to the CAR. By the end of 2006 Navy did change the rules so those receiving fire could earn a CAR.

Plus she looks the role. Reminds me of a co-worker who was an Army DI. It's been 20 years since I was put in the grass, but there are time my coworker uses THAT voice, and I'm looking for a good place to push.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
I remember back during vietnam,,word was going 'round that 1st Lt. Colin Powell was not to be placed in any real danger as he was the Armys' ""Golden Boy".

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4583 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I sincerely hope she was chosen for her professional record, and will succeed in her job.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Enemy fire completely optional. Roll Eyes
Tell me that I don't have a point with my comments in this thread.

You just loooooove being contrary, dontcha? It sets you apart from all the riff-raff, huh?

Peasants! Bah!!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’m going to remain skeptical that she is the best qualified for this particular role.
Her LinkedIn page is peppered with “Diversity“ comments, which funny…is not mentioned in her bio.

I try to be more evolved…I genuinely do. But in this particular hire I cannot help but go back to my OP in this thread and channel my inner Harry Callahan and question a number of things about this hire.

Which is what it is, a hire. The military is so much like a corporate entity now that I hesitate to even bother using the the term ‘Promotion on Merit’ anymore.

Sorry…not sorry.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

"That sounds very stylish"

I'll be the guy; this was a diversity hire. 100%.

Flame me.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post