SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Meanwhile in the Marine Corps…the first female infantry Sgt Major
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile in the Marine Corps…the first female infantry Sgt Major Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted

https://www.1stmardiv.marines....96130/sgtmaj-f-audu/

I’d like to navigate you to a hilltop of which I am willing to die.

During my 4 years in the United States Marine Corps I witnessed an almost comical percentage of the WM’s (Women Marines) I encountered aggressively use their body and sometimes simple flirtation to avoid Duty, garner themselves promotions, schools, and reenlistment opportunities that the Male Marines had no change at getting anywhere near.

The Senior NCO’s (Staff Sgt and above) were equally comical in how easily influenced they were by a WM wearing her Cammies just a little tighter than normal and a cute little giggle.

Keeping up with buddies who stayed in until retirement, nothing has changed.

Don’t try to convince me that the Officers are/were not aware that this type of literal fuckery took/takes place on a regular basis.

Until the Corps gets its house in order regarding this shit, I will always be suspect to announcements like this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12312 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
During my 4 years in the United States Marine Corps I witnessed an almost comical percentage of the WM’s (Women Marines) I encountered aggressively use their body and sometimes simple flirtation to avoid Duty, garner themselves promotions, schools, and reenlistment opportunities that the Male Marines had no change at getting anywhere near.

It wasn't just the Marine Corps. It was equally bad in the Army. Being female, and particularly females with hypermelanosis who were willing to put out like Coke machines, gave you extra unseen points for promotion regardless of whether or not you knew your job.

But hey, we've now got yet another "First", and we all know how important that is. Way to go commies!

Posts: 20053 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not familiar with Marine career track.

...from her bio she's a radio/comms career field, that's progressed thru a variety of deployment and shore-side assignments with a heavy does of education; checking the boxes.
Is this MOS as close as detailers could get to an combat arms MOS, in order to get a female into a leadership position of a combat arms unit?

Posts: 14623 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I'm not familiar with Marine career track.

...from her bio she's a radio/comms career field, that's progressed thru a variety of deployment and shore-side assignments with a heavy does of education; checking the boxes.
Is this MOS as close as detailers could get to an combat arms MOS, in order to get a female into a leadership position of a combat arms unit?

Re: Checking the boxes

If I were a betting man (and I am), it would not surprise me if she is being groomed to be the first female Sgt Major of the Marine Corps.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12312 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Re: Checking the boxes

If I were a betting man (and I am), it would not surprise me if she is being groomed to be the first female Sgt Major of the Marine Corps.
That's a fact, Jack!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6207 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
During my illustrious USAF career, my Chief Master Sergeant (Two war, been there, done that) had this comment about Women's Air Force (WAFs) personnel:
"Never fuck around with the Whore Corps".
Thanks, Chief!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16054 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
China has entered the chat….

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29675 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"As a Radio Chief, she reached across the communications domains to gain a better understanding of data systems by becoming certified as a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), level 1. She also attended Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) courses, completed the Wireless Point-to-Point Link (WPPL D) course, and the Support Wide Area Network (SWAN D) course. Staff Sergeant Audu attended Radio Chief Course in 29 Palms, CA where she was ranked second in her class."

"Sergeant Major Audu is a college graduate who completed her Associates Degree in General Studies with Central Texas College, Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology with Park University, Masters of Science in Counseling w/ a specialty in Criminal Justice with Liberty University, and is a Doctoral Candidate at the University of Southern California DSW program. Her military awards include (1) Meritorious Service Medal (6) Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals, and (3) Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, Medal."

Those achievements alone seems to show her as quite an accomplished person.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:

It wasn't just the Marine Corps. It was equally bad in the Army. Being female, and particularly females with hypermelanosis who were willing to put out like Coke machines, gave you extra unseen points for promotion regardless of whether or not you knew your job.

But hey, we've now got yet another "First", and we all know how important that is. Way to go commies!

So, all women in the Army are like that - especially the black ones? I wasn't in the Army so I have no way to know.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53119 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
All of us know what this is about, but if she can do the job and if she doesn't run at the first sound of gunfire (should the occasion ever arise for her), then, I wish her well.

Posts: 107410 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I know plenty of women who are more Marine material than I am, and certainly more Marine material than many men I know.

Until I know for a fact otherwise, her accomplishments, rank, and the fact that she actually served (whereas I have not) gets my respect and the benefit of the doubt.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprise! The same type of sexual fuckery happens in the civilian world. And as Para says, if she can do the job, I support her fully. She at least appears to be fit.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
"As a Radio Chief, she reached across the communications domains to gain a better understanding of data systems by becoming certified as a Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), level 1. She also attended Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) courses, completed the Wireless Point-to-Point Link (WPPL D) course, and the Support Wide Area Network (SWAN D) course. Staff Sergeant Audu attended Radio Chief Course in 29 Palms, CA where she was ranked second in her class."

"Sergeant Major Audu is a college graduate who completed her Associates Degree in General Studies with Central Texas College, Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology with Park University, Masters of Science in Counseling w/ a specialty in Criminal Justice with Liberty University, and is a Doctoral Candidate at the University of Southern California DSW program. Her military awards include (1) Meritorious Service Medal (6) Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals, and (3) Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals, Medal."

Those achievements alone seems to show her as quite an accomplished person.

Does any of those contribute or, qualify her to be the senior enlisted leader in a combat arms unit? Much of her background is of a technical nature, she may very well be very good at networking and modern communication, however, this assignment is for a combat arms unit: infantry...wearing backpacks, shooting rifles, minimal showers, cold food, no amenities or niceties. Somebody with a Marine Corps background can better answer what's the average make-up for senior enlisted leaders...1st Sgt and SgtMaj usually involve more political posturing versus a MSgt. If she can hack-it and help motivate, great.

Posts: 14623 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm missing something, maybe I'm blind...

Looking at her rack, I'm not seeing a CAR.
No CAR, yet SgtMaj in the Grunts?
I've got warning flags.

A quick text was all I needed.
The warning flags were right.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8328 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
A Battalion Sergeant Major LEADS. There are truck drivers in her Battalion, she doesn't need to be a truck driver to lead them. Same with the clerks and jerks, the cooks and medics and vehicle mechanics, etc..

Actually she directly leads (not commands) the Company First Sergeants. Her primary mission is to ADVISE the Battalion Commander on issues pertaining to Enlisted matters.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’ve been fortunate to know several women in our Armed Forces.

I dated a USMC Staff Sergeant who was a damned talented photographer. Another was an Army Major, who was airborne qualified as the last < 115 pound person to attend Jump School. The next one after her was beaten to death against the plane because, as was later discovered if you weigh less than 120 pounds you lack the mass to properly deploy the parachute. I had a reservist USAF Captain, EOD-qualified no less, working for me when the IED toll in Iraq skyrocketed. Very capable lady who one-day found orders calling her back to active duty, in Iraq. She was disappeared into the JIEDDO world.

So I’m with Para, if they can do the job they are assigned, let’em get on with it. In that regard we should be like the Israelis - everyone is a front line soldier, even if typing out messages on an Ovaltine magic decoder ring.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31412 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
When we see women proving their mettle under fire- consistently, and not just a PR story about one woman in one instance- then they can call themselves the equal of male soldiers. That's going to be a long time coming, if at all. They've got a long, long way to go to deserve the same respect and inspire the same confidence as the generations of American servicemen who have fought and died for this country.

Don't tell me about some gal piloting a helicopter. Tell me about ground warfare. Tell us about courage against overwhelming odds. Tell me about women fast-roping into a gang of Somalis and giving their lives for this country. Audie Murphy, Chesty Puller.

When women start showing up on this page and this page, then we can talk about women being equal to men in the military.

The heavy lifting in this life is always done by men. Not wanting to accept this truth because of the tsunami of bullshit swamping society right now doesn't change this truth one iota.

Posts: 107410 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Is the military still about defeating foreign enemies? Asking for a friend.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29675 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

So, all women in the Army are like that - especially the black ones?

Enough to show a pattern. That was 35 years ago, though. Not sure if it's the same today.

Posts: 20053 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I heard from a buddy you can't say WM anymore - zee,zem,etc is OK but no WM. Eek

Posts: 22884 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post