SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford Maverick request
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford Maverick request Login/Join 
posted
Ok, so this more of a wishful thinking but.... I want to get a Ford Maverick. So does 100,000 other people. I have only seen two on the road since they started production, the rollout has been a disaster due to Covid and chip shortage. My local dealer said new Maverick owners pick them up the same day they get unloaded from the carrier truck so no chance of me looking at the dealer.

Does anyone in the Philadelphia area have a Maverick pickup that I can sit in for 5 minutes?? I have to see whether my fat ass will fit in the seat and be somewhat comfortable. If not, I will pursue a Honda Ridgeline instead. Got to sit in one last month and it fits...barely. But the Maverick hybrid mileage is worth pursuing if I am comfortable. I don't even want a test drive... just sit in the cabin for 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
There must be a half dozen ford dealers with in and hour or two from your location. I cannot imagine you could not make arrangements to go sit in one. If not and it is truly a unicorn that would tell me to go a different route. Fwtw.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down With The Sickness
Picture of Sclass
posted Hide Post
I searched auto trader used with a Springfield PA zip and found a couple.They should be on the lot and not reserved like a new one.

https://www.autotrader.com/car...25&clickType=listing

https://www.autotrader.com/car...25&clickType=listing

Posts: 659 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: December 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Ridgeline Sport AWD Maverick XL AWD
Shoulder Room (front, in.)
62.0 57.3
Hip Room (front, in.)
59.1 55.4

Shoulder Room (rear, in.)
61.5 55.6
Hip Room (rear, in.)
56.6. 54.1

If your fat ass barely fits in the Ridgeline, I’m going to guess 4” less hip room in the Maverick will be problematic.

Posts: 10791 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brilliant!!! Used. I will look those up, thank you Sir! This is what I'm trying to avoid, getting it and realizing it's not a good fit for me and then getting something else. But they are almost unicorn level......

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
There must be a half dozen ford dealers with in and hour or two from your location. I cannot imagine you could not make arrangements to go sit in one.

Is that not the problem? That there are no cars to sit in? And any that are have already been purchased and are waiting for pickup? I don't want somebody else's ass (other than dealer personnel) parked in the seat of my new car.

Posts: 27805 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
How many people sat in your new car at the dealership for generations before you drove it off the lot.
Really? don't want someone to sit in your new car. C'mon man

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
They had a half dozen+ at my local dealer a few weeks when I was there. I was surprised how tiny and cheap looking they were.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20739 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
How many people sat in your new car at the dealership for generations before you drove it off the lot.
Really? don't want someone to sit in your new car. C'mon man

The trucks are not sitting on the dealers lot waiting to be sold. They were custom ordered for a specific customer. I would be pissed if they used my custom ordered truck as a sales demo for other buyers.

Posts: 5404 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
What you do not know is not going to hurt you than. Cuz I guarantee there are several "butz" hitting your "custom" ordered seat before you take delivery. But whatever.

Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Disappointed!

Posts: 5578 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Oh my, me too.

I had a mid-70s Maverick that I purchased used in about 1982. It could really pick up and go.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter whether you want one or not. Particularly the hybrid. There are a lot of guys that ordered last June that haven't received them.

I ordered a hybrid in August and I am still patiently waiting.

I monitor the situation on a Maverick truck owner forum. It is amusing, frustrating and aspirational.

Ford has "constraints" or unavailable parts that keep a vehicle out of production. These include spray in bed liner, spare tire and splash guards. Imagine - a major industrial company that won't build a car because they can't acquire bed liner spray.

There are also dealer allocation issues. If you ordered from the wrong dealer, you may not get your order.

On June 30, Ford sent an e mail telling many potential customers that their orders for a model year 2022 Maverick would not be built. Instead they were told to go back to their ordering dealer after August 1, and place an order for a model year 2023 Maverick. Ford promises a "special private offer" that may (or may not) offset any price increases on the 2023 Maverick. The general public can place orders on August 15.

I didn't get an e mail. I have a July 24 "scheduled for production" date, but that has been moved back from June. The dealer is not an advocate, I think he wants me to back out so he can sell my order to someone else at $5K-$10K over MSRP.

Fortunately I don't need a car, so I will keep ordering and waiting. I'm thinking model year 2024 might do the trick - if Ford is still in business.

If you need a vehicle, get the Honda.

You might want to try Car Max or a similar used car lot to sit in one. Some folks take delivery at MSRP and sell to Car Max at a profit.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I can't believe Ford is that... messed up? I mean.. I can't blame them. It's the hottest car in the market right now. Then you factor in all the supply chain issues and chip shortages and just-in-time assembly techniques, it's a miracle that units were even produced for 2022.
Honda is not doing that much better. They have the same inventory production problems everyone else is having. I dunno......

Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
The prices are quite a bit different as they should be. There is little to compare when comparing the Mav and Ridgeline. I get the hybrid dealeo. But vehicle quality and comparing the two is like day and night. No comparison. put 4-5 years and 100k miles on the Mav and it will be worth very little compared to what you pay for it. The Ridgeline otoh will just be broke in and will retain a very high percentage of its opp. So there is that.