SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should we be concerned with the possibility of Gillum beating DeSantis in Florida? Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
As long as it's coming from Broward taxpayers, I'm fine with it. They deserve this until they insist on local authorities cleaning this up and then they elect some honest people.

ALL the Broward taxpayers? Roll Eyes

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
As long as it's coming from Broward taxpayers, I'm fine with it. They deserve this until they insist on local authorities cleaning this up and then they elect some honest people.

ALL the Broward taxpayers? Roll Eyes

I'm a broward country taxpayer on 3 properties, around $12,000 a year in taxes. I surely DON'T deserve this, and don't know HOW to clean it up on my own without resorting to measures that would earn me life in prison. I try to vote in people (republicans etc.) who don't do these kinds of things, BUT in a democratic majority county what else CAN you do?

On another note, I know a lady collecting a 20% pension from being a school crossing guard for 7 years in Broward County. The pensions are ridiculous.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Didn’t that Broward County cop who ran away from the school shooter end up with a $104,000 a year pension that was higher than his final annual salary?

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Didn’t that Broward County cop who ran away from the school shooter end up with a $104,000 a year pension that was higher than his final annual salary?

This is another issue with the pensions here. The pension is a percentage of their last years salary (80% or something to that effect) plus adjusted yearly for inflation. What they all do is give the guy who is retiring next year as much overtime as he could physically do so his last years income is incredibly high and then the pension is based off of that. The entire system is a complete mess.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I'm not blaming all Broward taxpayers. But how else is it going to change?

Sheriff Joe got run out of town in Maricopa Co., not because people didn't like the job he was doing, but they got tired of paying for all the lawsuits he attracted. So he got tossed out of office. If enough Broward residents get sick enough of the shenanigans going on in the local gov't., it will get cleaned up.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/state...an-quit-early-721671

Before she could retire early in January, Gov. Rick Scott decided Friday to suspend Brenda Snipes , Broward County’s troubled election supervisor, from office following a series of voting and ballot controversies that culminated in the 2018 midterms when the Republican had to sue her to get public information.

“Every eligible voter in Florida deserves their vote to be counted and should have confidence in Florida’s elections process,” Scott said in a written statement to POLITICO. “After a series of inexcusable actions, it’s clear that there needs to be an immediate change in Broward County and taxpayers should no longer be burdened by paying a salary for a Supervisor of Elections who has already announced resignation.”

Snipes, an elected official whose term ends after the 2020 elections, will be replaced by Scott’s longtime fixer, attorney Pete Antonacci, Scott’s former general counsel who does not plan to run for the Broward elections position and who has been appointed by Scott to fill three other posts, including his current job as president and CEO of Enterprise Florida.

Snipes did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment.

Scott could have let Snipes just leave office Jan. 4 — the date she gave as her original early retirement — but the governor felt she needed to be punished for running such a bad shop for so long, according to a person familiar with his thinking.

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by PD:

This is another issue with the pensions here. The pension is a percentage of their last years salary (80% or something to that effect) plus adjusted yearly for inflation. What they all do is give the guy who is retiring next year as much overtime as he could physically do so his last years income is incredibly high and then the pension is based off of that. The entire system is a complete mess.
If you're offended by that, research what the 'Drop Program' is in Florida. That should really put your panties in a wad.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CNN Brian Stelter:

Former Tallahassee mayor and Democratic nominee for FL governor @AndrewGillum is joining @CNN as a political commentator.

combined with:

An ethics complaint against former Florida gubernatorial candidate and Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum will proceed after the state ethics commission found probable cause at a hearing Friday that he had accepted gifts, Gillum's lawyer confirmed.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

perfect fit for CNN

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post