SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Coast Trail, Vancouver Island Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Health isn’t great. And somewhat, as Indy said, it’s the miles not the years. But health is an issue. I can walk some distance but not difficult hikes with steep elevation, climbing, jumping, balancing etc.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12762 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have friends who hiked it. Both said it was quite tough. They had good weather, but it very slow going.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: c1steve,

-c1steve

Posts: 4065 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a good trip if prepared. As for getting there, if you have time, add a visit with short conditioning hikes in Olympic National Park in Washington State. Similar conditions. Then take the ferry from Port Angeles to Victoria.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3468 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Great photos Flashguy!
Thank you. I try.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post