SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the top response for an empty shell casing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the top response for an empty shell casing Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted
Kept all the kids bags to be searched. What have we come t.

https://www.milforddailynews.c...-bullet-casing-found

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Barney will get prints from the casing and Sheriff Andy will contact the state folks in Mount Pilot. Then we will found out that the case was from Aunt Bea's 22 revolver. Opie will be disciplined for bringing it to school.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I've often wondered the insanity if, in a loud club, someone were to drop a couple spent 9mm cases.

Or, after deer hunting, save an intact heart (freeze it), then when cleaning out the blood in the bed of your truck at a local "wand wash" place, deposit the deer heart in the corner. Hilarity may ensue.

Make sure there's no cameras.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I have a jar in my laundry room specifically for my wife to put the brass that ends up in the washer every week when I miss those two or three casings in a shirt pocket or sleeve cuff.
Can't imagine what a fragile little sally someone would need to be to have to shut down a whole building for something so idiotic.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Man, they really dodged a bullet spent casing there.

Well all the kids know how to get out of school early now if they don't feel like sitting in class.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Looks like a new way to get a day off from school. Want 3 days off, sprinkle a few 10mm casings around..OMG..10mm.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I smell a prank, or intelligence gathering.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Hopefully Barney will get prints from the casing and Sheriff Andy will contact the state folks in Mount Pilot. Then we will found out that the case was from Aunt Bea's 22 revolver. Opie will be disciplined for bringing it to school.

And Agent Gibbs to find and dig the bullet out of the wall with a knife.

Posts: 27964 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, all some student has to do to create mayhem and panic is drop an empty .22LR case in the stairwell in any school in the US.

Jeez, man. Snap the fuck out of it. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Looks like a new way to get a day off from school. Want 3 days off, sprinkle a few 10mm casings around..OMG..10mm.. Big Grin

I was thinking the same thing. Cool

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What country is Milford in?

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
The stupid is so strong in public schools...

Can we get a grip?

It's a spent shell casing. They are annoying to find in the washer -- but certainly not dangerous!

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
These are the people "educating" our children Frown

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

It's in the far wacko country of the Boston metro area, which does explain a lot in this story.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
There was routinely a veritable ARSENAL of rifles and shotguns in the parking lot of my California high school on any given day. Lots of hunters/shooters, both students and staff.

Yep, I said "California."

I have a vivid memory of three or four kids gathered around the trunk of a car, senior year, admiring somebody's new HK-91. Along with the students, two teachers (lay faculty and a Christian Brother.) Nobody batted an eye.

This was only around 30 years ago, and we're not talking deep-woods rural. Mix of suburban and farm kids at a Catholic high school.

Don't get me stared on pocket knives, lighters, and other weapons of mass destruction.

Fights involving weapons were basically unheard of, even at the rather rough public school a few blocks away.

Somewhere between the 1980s and today, the educational system lost its collective mind.

Posts: 2466 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience, but it involved the Secret Service, luckily they were cooler. Big Grin

I was in the Secret Service security line for the Army Navy Game last year (Trump was attending).

It was freezing cold and I was layered up, but still cold. I quickly grabbed another coat I had in the back of the truck to throw on before going into the stadium.

When it was my turn, the secret service guy checked my pockets, and to my Huuuuuuuuuge surprise, he pulled out several spent shot gun and rifle casings. My reaction was absolute terror and shock. This was the jacket I wore hunting the previous weekend and I put the shells from our shooting session in it.

I was wholly expecting to be detained, and interrogated or water boarded, or at the very least, not let into the game. The SS guys just took me to the side and asked me a few questions while my wife rolled her eyes at me from inside the stadium.

I guess my shocked demeanor matched my answers and they let me in. I’m probably on some kind of watch list now. Smile

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This all started with a student who first found the shell casing and immediately reported it so obviously the system has been successful in conditioning/ indoctrinating student's responses to such mundane discoveries. I wonder what a school day will look like when plastic straws are banned from school grounds and one is found on the grounds? School lock downs followed by students being sent home so that a proper investigation can be conducted?

I couldn't count the number of times I've tracked empty brass casings home from the range in the cleats of my boots, only to find them later...not to mention the stray shells that landed in shirt pockets or shirt collars.

How do students get any learning done when distracted by such evil things? When students are released from school for something like this what happens to the day of learning? Do they have to make up that day?

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

I'm not sure if this was meant as an ironic funny response, but on the chance that it is an honest question, Milford appears to be Massachusetts.. Looks like BamaJeepster has this covered.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Hysterical irrational fear.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Hysterical irrational fear.

Are you kidding???? Someone could have slipped on the casing, there could have been other fall hazards in other areas.

If it saves just one twisted ankle...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I do think that the anti-gun crowd likes to overblow these things because it serves their agenda. It allows them to further instill fear in the ignorant and impressionable. Also, they can demonstrate how the mere presence of guns in society is disruptive.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post