SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Over the top response for an empty shell casing
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Over the top response for an empty shell casing Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I remember when kids could and would join their High School Rifle Teams. Also remember the end of it because of lead particulates. What a shame. Kids are really missing out aren't they ? They weren't shooting Daisey caseless either. No, I bought my 40X from a group of rifles, including Winchester 52s which came from a High School in upstate NY. Best $225.00 Ive ever spent. Remington 40X, shooting jacket, upper arm cuff sling, Palma sight and Olympic front with inserts, hand stop, all of it. I can promise the kids are missing out.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I had a few LIVE .223 rounds end up in my carry on luggage on a flight to Chicago. I had used my usual carry-on backpack at the range, only because I was alone and otherwise couldn't carry everything I wanted to use. I guess, while I was unloading for cease fires, live rounds flew back into that backpack. Fortunately, the TSA guy who found them was a gun guy. We chatted about our AR builds while the Phoenix PD cop filled out a postcard for me to sign, letting me "surrender" the ammo to Phoenix PD. Thankfully, this happened in Phoenix and not in Chicago or Berlin or London, where I went later.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Manufactured crisis is the MO of the leftists. Nothing surprises me about these commies.

Q

Posts: 26401 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I had a few LIVE .223 rounds end up in my carry on luggage on a flight to Chicago. I had used my usual carry-on backpack at the range, only because I was alone and otherwise couldn't carry everything I wanted to use. I guess, while I was unloading for cease fires, live rounds flew back into that backpack. Fortunately, the TSA guy who found them was a gun guy. We chatted about our AR builds while the Phoenix PD cop filled out a postcard for me to sign, letting me "surrender" the ammo to Phoenix PD. Thankfully, this happened in Phoenix and not in Chicago or Berlin or London, where I went later.

I learned from experience not to take a travel bag to the range nor use anything I take to the range for air travel. While going through security at SLC I noticed I was being pointed at and had the full attention of the TSA. I was approached by two agents.

"Is this your bag?"
"Yes."
"can you explain this?"

In his hand was my missing USP Compact mag unloaded.
I imagine the look on my face was telling. I explained that I thought I had cleaned the bag out before packing. That I take it to the range because it is a hydrator. The made me mail it back to myself.

So now nothing that goes to the range ever gets packed for air travel.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29703 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I do think that the anti-gun crowd likes to overblow these things because it serves their agenda. It allows them to further instill fear in the ignorant and impressionable. Also, they can demonstrate how the mere presence of guns in society is disruptive.

I believe that's really what it boils down to. No sane person could believe that what was found represented a clear and present danger. However; out of an abundance of caution, let's send a clear message that guns and anything to do with guns are bad by disrupting as many lives as possible and cancel classes for the rest of the day.

How many parents' days were screwed up because they had to leave work early, cancel appointments, etc. to pickup their kids from school or be home early when the bus brought the kids home. What message are those parents that don't have an opinion on firearms getting from this?

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The SS guys just took me to the side and asked me a few questions while my wife rolled her eyes at me from inside the stadium.

The eye rolling was probably what got you released. They felt pity for the ribbing you were going to get later.

The "let's get out of today's chem test" ploy was the first thing that popped into my mind. Salt the hallway with a few spent .22 as you mooch innocently along, then wait for the alarms to go off.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2070 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
When I was assigned in DC, our Human Resources building would get regular Bomb threats. At noon. On Friday. As the bomb squad took time to deploy and hours to search, the employees got the rest of the day off. Given traffic in DC this was a real gift.
Command finally had enough. The next threat was met with many police and staff were told there would be a search while the employees stayed on site. Think the6 got released about 6. That ended the bomb threats.

Same here. Lock the building down and bring in the police. Check back packs and such.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post