SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kraft to pay customers $20 (*December 17th & 18th only*) NOT to make holiday cheese cake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kraft to pay customers $20 (*December 17th & 18th only*) NOT to make holiday cheese cake Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted
For you holiday dessert bakers...and maybe this rebate will help some forum families ease the sting of inflation a tad this year.

Love me some cheese cake but I probably haven't had a slice in more than a year.

[Note: hyperlinks at linked website article.]

====================

Kraft will pay you $20 not to make cheesecake for Christmas

By Danielle Wiener-Bronner, CNN Business

Updated 11:46 AM ET, Wed December 15, 2021

New York (CNN Business)

Kraft is using its cream cheese shortage as a marketing opportunity.

For just a few days this holiday season, a limited number of people will be able to spend $20 on dessert and charge it to Kraft, owner of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. The premise: People who can't bake cheesecakes because they can't find cream cheese can get another baked good on Kraft's dime.
Here's how it works: People interested in the offer can visit a special website set up by Kraft. On December 17 and 18, up to 18,000 of them will be able to nab the right to get reimbursement for a holiday treat. They'll be able to submit receipts to the company a few weeks later.

For Kraft, the campaign is a way to soften the blow of empty cream cheese shelves -- and keep customers thinking about Philadelphia cream cheese, without souring on the brand.

Cream cheese is the latest hard-to-come-by grocery item in a year of shortages. A spike in cream cheese demand during the pandemic has made it difficult to keep shelves stocked, Kraft said.

Last year, with more people baking and eating at home, demand for cream cheese jumped about 18% compared to 2019. It's stayed at that high level in 2021, according to Kraft (KHC). Meanwhile, restaurants are also ordering more of the product.

Junior's Cheesecake, which sources its cream cheese from Philadelphia, said last week that it has been struggling to get enough supply of the key ingredient, and it's been forced to occasionally pause cheesecake production, according to the owner. New York City bagel shops have also reportedly struggled to get enough cream cheese.

To keep up with demand, Kraft is pumping funds into its Philadelphia brand, said Basak Oguz, Philadelphia marketing director.

"We're investing millions of dollars on Philadelphia cream cheese," she told CNN Business in an email, adding that the funds will help increase production capacity.

Oguz added that the company has temporarily stopped making "a very limited number" of Philadelphia products so it can increase production of its more popular items.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a big slice of Cherry Cheese Cake at Thanksgiving. Yum!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16098 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
CNN is, as usual, useless.

They talk about it, but as far as I can see, nowhere in their linked page does it tell you where the special website is.

If you want to try and get in on this, start here at 12pm EST.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I just had a slice of Sea Salt Caramel Cheesecake Thursday at lunch. With extra whipped cream. It was glorious.

https://mikespies.com/collecti...t-caramel-cheesecake

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Smoked cream cheese dip just became a big thing with backyard bbq'ers in the last couple years as well putting more demand on the product. I've done it and it's good but there are other dips I would prefer over it.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I was in a small, boutique grocery store yesterday and it was overflowing with 8 ounce cream cheese blocks from Kraft, Cabot and a third brand.

And I really do mean overflowing. Plus the price was not too much different than I remember from before. Maybe $2.50 per block?

My "example of one" may indicate a marketing ploy to sell a lot of cream cheese over the holidays.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4991 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
So, what you're saying is, Connecticut is hoarding all the cream cheese? Bastards!

Posts: 3385 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post

Smoked Bluefish Paté

5-6 ounces shredded smoked bluefish *
8 ounces whipped cream cheese **
½ tablespoon finely diced red onion
1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Dash of Worcestershire sauce if desired

* Trout works fine. Bet any good smoked fish would do.
** Package of cream cheese, softened, in the mixer with a little milk or sour cream.

Via PHILIP R CRAIG's J.W. Jackson mysteries

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Interesting to read on moror59's link to the cream cheese $20 offer is :

"REDEEM: Starting on 12/28 at 9am EST through 11:59pm EST on 1/4/22, use your unique link to submit your dessert receipt for your chance to receive a $20 digital reward."

Specifically ... "for your chance to receive a $20 digital reward".

This one word suggests just because you are able to sign up and then buy a dessert does not mean you will get the $20 digital reward (whatever that means) when submitting the receipt.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They are giving away $360,000 dollars. How about use that money and hire some overtime shifts and crank out some more cream cheese.

Posts: 5419 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
They are giving away $360,000 dollars. How about use that money and hire some overtime shifts and crank out some more cream cheese.

Don't think it's that easy. I'm sure it's a ingredient supply chain issue. There's most likely a ingredient sourced probably outside the U.S. they are having trouble getting a consistent supply of. Besides just because you have the money to give people doesn't mean you can get them to work. Our local fleet supply is offering $1500 sign on bonus paid in increments over a year and starting people at $17 a hour. They can't even generate any interest.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
I went to Costco yesterday for other stuff, but saw they had plenty of 3# tubs of Philly chream cheese.

So Kraft can keep their rebate. We be having cheesecake on Christmas!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3142 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
AW shucks.
Is there anything cream cheese is not good on?

I can do without a cheese cake, but I will still dip my sausage in the spreadable kind.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6316 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:

Is there anything cream cheese is not good on?

I can do without a cheese cake, but I will still dip my sausage in the spreadable kind.
Eek Not in front of the children!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30682 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post