SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who has experience ordering a Suburban?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has experience ordering a Suburban? Login/Join 
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted
So with the crazy used car market, I decided to sell my 2017 (purchased in 2018 for $40,000) Suburban for $36,500! I have never purchased a new car for myself before, and given what I got for my old Suburban I took the plunge and ordered a 2021 Suburban. I knew going in there would be uncertainties and substantial waiting, but we have a 3rd car (chick magnet minivan). Has anyone ordered a GM lately and what was the wait?

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Lots of struggles in the truck supply chain so i would assume the Suburban would be the same. One of the forums I read has a bunch of people that have had trucks on order for a long time. Some have received theirs but many more have had shifted dates and sometimes removal of a date when they previously had one. I'm guessing hit or miss based on the options. You might be waiting 4-6 months unfortunately. Or maybe you will get lucky! Fingers crossed.

At this point I would be shocked if it wasn't converted to a 2022 but not sure on the model year change for the Suburban.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Currently, there are very few high content Suburban/Tahoe's orders being accepted by GM, chip shortage is the culprit. For the last few months I have only been allowed to order LS, LT's, RST's and Z71's less the "luxury" packages, can only add a sunroof and manual center buckets. For the past few weeks no sunroof either

To kind of answer your question, it all depends on what options you are looking for

When I get back to the office I can give you the dates of the 2021 end of production and the 2022 start up

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just like BSwede says, taint a lot of them out thar...

Son in law worked for a Chevy dealer up until a week ago, he's going back over to KIA, first problem is nothing to sell, 15 guys on the floor and no hardware is a problem

High end Suburbans and Tahoes are going over $100K here, if they can get one.

Maybe different elsewhere, same for high end Silverados.

They can get the lower end from time to time but the price issue is they are marking them up $5K and getting it.

Best bet is to shop the interwebs and see if you can find a dealer somewhere that has one that will sell it to you at MSRP or close.

GM and Ford have both stated they may never go back to the old way of building vehicles, it will be top end and custom order only from online, spec the dealer and pay the full price. Limited on lot inventory means no rebates, no 0% financing, no deals.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB951174312103280846

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I bought my Jeep Gladiator last year through the Costco car program. It was easy and I think the dealer only made 650.00 on the deal. The salseman said Costco is the best car purchase program as dealers only get 650/750? over invoice price, not the MSRP price which is the window sticker price.

This might be an option for you but again, who knows what to expect in this current market.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1381 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
Lots of struggles in the truck supply chain so i would assume the Suburban would be the same. One of the forums I read has a bunch of people that have had trucks on order for a long time. Some have received theirs but many more have had shifted dates and sometimes removal of a date when they previously had one. I'm guessing hit or miss based on the options. You might be waiting 4-6 months unfortunately. Or maybe you will get lucky! Fingers crossed.

At this point I would be shocked if it wasn't converted to a 2022 but not sure on the model year change for the Suburban.

Thank you! This is what I ordered, I don't know if the micro chip will affect this order. Given my wonderful luck it will be LOL

https://www.chevrolet.com/suvs...A==&postalCode=92840

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6017 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Give up the HD radio and you should be good. Dealer here has good inventory and selling a ton because the ditched the HD radio and whatever rare mineral it needs.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2243 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the Costco Program as well and picked up a Tahoe just over a year ago. Cannot imagine trying to find my dream ride right now.

Good luck with your patience and once the new vehicle arrives - ENJOY.
Myron

Posts: 138 | Location: NoVA | Registered: November 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The 2021 ordering cycle will end 8/19, build out is 10/1 and the 2022 start of production is 10/4 with ordering beginning 9/2.

Todays ordering cycle has 8 LTZ Suburban's in it nationwide and 0 with the premium package

As afar as the HD radio, it would automatically be deleted from an order also auto stop.

ETA: sent you and email listing a couple near-ish to you that are close to your specs. They are built, sitting at the plant waiting on chips

Posts: 5350 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
As afar as the HD radio, it would automatically be deleted from an order, also auto stop.

FINALLY, something GOOD to come out of this farce that is the Coronavirus 'plandemic'!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8952 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
As afar as the HD radio, it would automatically be deleted from an order, also auto stop.

FINALLY, something GOOD to come out of this farce that is the Coronavirus 'plandemic'!

Seriously! That autostop drives me crazy, rented an expedition that had that and it drove me crazy!

God, Family, Country.

Set out once to become the world's greatest procrastinator, but never got around to it
Picture of Fdan
posted Hide Post
As has been said, extended deliveries are now common. I have a Porsche Macan GTS on order and the original delivery lead time was 5 months - now its been extended to 6 months. (I'm told it's computer chips)

Posts: 1988 | Location: Southern California | Registered: January 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post