SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    People to ignore on internet forums
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People to ignore on internet forums Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted
You know the type, they reply in almost every thread and know everything on any topic. They try to dominate the discussion. I see them as no different than the know it all types in regular conversation.

Are there people that you just refuse to read their replies?

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
In my 20+ years on this forum there is exactly 1 person that I put on ignore status. He's still active and I'd bet I'm not the only member that has him blocked.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarms229,

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No. I do not have anyone on my Ignore list.

Posts: 17249 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't refuse to talk to anyone, some I'm just very hesitant to reply. I have and will not block anyone as I am open to viewing different opinions. I may not agree, but I am open...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I have never blocked another forum member. As hvyhawler points out, it's worth listening to others even if you don't agree with what they say or otherwise find it offensive.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15722 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Para does a great job of dealing with offensive members so I haven't found a need to use the ignore feature. I disagree with some posts but that is true offline as well. Human interaction can get a little off-putting no matter the format.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I don't have anyone blocked.

Why let things said on the internet get you worked up?

Posts: 13049 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
"Cliff Clavens".

I've never blocked anyone, though. They can become a Sunday Surprise, and if they're blocked I'll miss it.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16525 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Not here, but there are a couple of forums where I've used the "ignore" feature.

Mostly, if I read a post by someone like that, I just mumble "Yer an idiot" and move on. Sometimes however, you run into one that absolutely has to waste bandwith by interjecting their drivel into EVERY thread. Ignore? Why, yes, thank you. Click.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
If the BS flows I turn up me nose, waiting for the master to correct as he goes.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
... waiting for the experts on this topic to weigh in

Posts: 4708 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Checks for name in post... breathes sigh of relief.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
There is one member here that interjected his “expertise” into a thread and it was obvious he didn’t know what the fuck he was talking about....but wouldn’t listen to anyone’s reason or even attempt to see why he was not as accurate as he thought....he continued, became irritating to me even though I was only reading the thread and not participating (because I knew I wasn’t an expert either) ... I blocked him.
A couple days later I unblocked him, saw that he was still a jerk...he went back to the blocked category and has stayed that way since....
He, is the only one

Posts: 3120 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Over the years, there's only been a few people I blocked. I think they all got the boot. I don't think I've blocked anyone in several years.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently don't have anyone blocked, but sure have come close on a couple a few times.

Posts: 6625 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Nobody's on my ignore list, but there are a couple members that I purposely won't engage in coversation with due to their past behavior.

Posts: 32524 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
There isn’t a single member of this forum that should be blocked, in my opinion.

Everyone has had bad days, being an asshole, etc. But apart from the occasional lapse, when the Boss has to step in, even the “worst” members add way more value than negatives.

Posts: 2325 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I have never used the block feature on the forum and don't anticipate ever using it here.

Up until the last 6 months I had never blocked anyone on any internet site. Now I have dozens blocked on Facebook. I use FB to keep up with family and friends and can't/won't get into political debates on there, so rather than sit and 'take it' with no response I decided to start blocking leftists. Much better experience now. I can 'debate' politics anonymously on Twitter.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In all of my years here, I have never blocked a member. Even the sendecs, the IndyFFLs, etc.

Sometimes these trainwrecks can provide comedy relief.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16709 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
There are poste I bypass if I see a name that’s been an asshat, but I don’t block anyone. I’d like to think that I try to learn from everyone.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5328 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post