SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone Else Suddenly Not Getting Notifications of Replies in SigForum Posts? (Solved)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Else Suddenly Not Getting Notifications of Replies in SigForum Posts? (Solved) Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted
I noticed that as of last night, I am not getting emails of any replies in a thread I have posted in. Wondering if it is just me for some reason or if everyone is experiencing it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StorminNormin,

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
One time, many years ago, my email server was down and I believe parabellum shut off my notifications so the bounced emails would stop. It may be automatic. Is your email working as expected?

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
One time my email server was down and I believe parabellum shut off my notifications so the bounced emails would stop. Is your email working as expected?

Yes, my email is working normal other than not getting the SigForum notices.

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Well I guess it is just me. That is odd.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't recall ever getting notifications of replies to my posts. I guess that's OK--I get too much e-mail, anyway.

flashguy

ETA: I just checked and I don't have any Notifications selected.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I went through a "dry" period where I did not receive any, then I discovered that they were all being routed to my spam box.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30692 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mine end up in spam as well!

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, you have a large number of notifications set. Your ISP may be perceiving the traffic as spam.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, you have a large number of notifications set. Your ISP may be perceiving the traffic as spam.

10-4 thanks. Sure enough, only after 13.5 years they finally think it is spam. All messages were in spam folder which I don’t look at.

Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
Liberal email service trying to censor anything to do with guns maybe?

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4136 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Shush! You're supposed to be dead. Razz

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Try putting "do_not_reply@sigforum.com" in your contacts list / directory. That might signal your email client to treat the notifications as legitimate mail.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30692 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Try putting "do_not_reply@sigforum.com" in your contacts list / directory. That might signal your email client to treat the notifications as legitimate mail.

That is a good idea. So far going into spam folder and marking them as “not spam” has fixed it and future ones are showing up on my inbox but I will still do what you suggested.

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Shush! You're supposed to be dead. Razz

I might have accidentally thrown that insurance letter away. Wink