SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Let's play "Identify the car" (Miscreants in the neighborhood)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's play "Identify the car" (Miscreants in the neighborhood) Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nissan Altima or Maxima 2000 to 2005

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11458 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigredfish:
Steve,
We gotta get you some better cameras, and/or a heck of a lot more IR for the ones you have...

**Choose 1080p playback with the little gear thingy to see true quality..

Or go directly to the youtube page Here and choose full screen

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jDAmEtbnshI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Those images are seriously sharp. I may have to slowly add 3MP cameras, they are worth every penny if something happens.

Posts: 3865 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
This, from the small window next to the C-pillar, you can't faintly see the impala logo behind the small window. Its a 2000-2006 Impala
quote:
Originally posted by KHolm:
I'm thinking early 2000's Chevy Impala LS. It appears to have the Impala logo aft the rear door.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
quote:
Originally posted by bigredfish:
Steve,
We gotta get you some better cameras, and/or a heck of a lot more IR for the ones you have...

**Choose 1080p playback with the little gear thingy to see true quality..

Or go directly to the youtube page Here and choose full screen

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jDAmEtbnshI" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Those images are seriously sharp. I may have to slowly add 3MP cameras, they are worth every penny if something happens.

Mine? they're actually 2MP HDCVI. While it sounds counter intuitive, good 2MP cams will generally outperform 3 and 4MP cams at night. Bigger sensor.

Once you step up to 8-12MP/4K stuff, there is a clear advantage particularly in daytime, but the Dahua Starlights in 2MP are about as good as it gets for night time right now (in a reasonable residential price range of 75-$200 per cam)

Watch this video (not mine). Pay special attention to the bush and the house across the street. Set to 1080p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-m9MUjN8Oc

Posts: 2689 | Location: Orlando Area | Registered: February 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post