SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Las Vegas: CCW holder kills armed robber at jewelry shop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Las Vegas: CCW holder kills armed robber at jewelry shop Login/Join 
posted
Video of the shootout is on the link.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...rmed-robbers-n987856

Wild video shows Las Vegas jewelry store shootout with armed robbers

"He had me face down in the vault with a gun to my head," the store owner said. "I thought this is my last moment."

March 27, 2019, 9:05 AM CDT
By Minyvonne Burke

Wild video footage shows the moment a man being hailed as a hero shot and killed an armed suspect after two gunmen stormed into a Las Vegas jewelry store.

The shootout happened in December at John Fish Jewelers, but the owners withheld releasing surveillance video of the incident until this week when they learned police had arrested the second suspect.

In the video, two armed robbers dressed in black and wearing masks storm inside the store just before closing time.

One of the suspects takes the store's owner, John Fish, into a safe as the other suspect forces Fish's brother, Steven, and an unidentified customer down to the floor before handcuffing them.

"He had me face down in the vault with a gun to my head," Fish told NBC Las Vegas. "I thought this is my last moment."

Fish's wife, who was also in the store, sees the robbery unfolding and goes to get help from a man named Pedro Torres, who is a concealed carry gun owner, according to the outlet.

The video shows Torres run to the front of the store where the second suspect has Steven and the customer held at gunpoint. When the suspected gunman spots Torres, the man starts shooting. Torres immediately returns fire and ducks to the ground as bullets whiz past him.

More than two dozen shots were fired, according to NBC Las Vegas, and smoke from the gunbattle filled the front of the store.

Torres was shot three times, but survived.

The suspect who had Steven and the customer held at gunpoint was shot during the exchange and died at the store. The other suspect fled, but was recently arrested.

The identity of the two suspected robbers was not immediately clear, and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department did not yet return NBC News' request for comment.

"I think God is very, very big," Torres said. "Saved my life."

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's lucky he's not dead. The drywall didn't provide much protection.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A few more details and a photo of the BG who survived. I am truly shocked that he had already served time in prison and could not legally own a firearm...

https://www.reviewjournal.com/...al-shootout-1626454/

Man held in Las Vegas jewelry store robbery that led to fatal shootout

By Rio Lacanlale / Las Vegas Review-Journal

March 26, 2019 - 10:49 am
Updated March 26, 2019 - 8:54 pm

Years before Gregory Richardson and Sir Isley Duncan were allegedly involved in a deadly jewelry store robbery in which Duncan was killed and another suspect fled, the two served time together at the same Nevada prisons — both for prior robbery convictions.

Metropolitan Police Department homicide detectives concluded their monthslong investigation into the at-large suspect last week and filed a warrant for Richardson’s arrest March 20, according to the report. He was arrested three days later on charges of attempted murder and robbery, kidnapping, burglary with a weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery and burglary.

Nevada Department of Corrections records and police documents show that the pair’s prison sentences at High Desert and Southern Desert state prisons overlapped in 2007 and 2012, and at times the two were even housed in the same unit.

The pair, who met in prison, had grown to be “as close as brothers,” Duncan’s girlfriend would later tell police during an interview following the botched Dec. 29 robbery, which led to a shootout inside John Fish Jewelers, 953 E. Sahara Ave.

That evening, the two entered the store armed with handguns, police have said, and ordered everyone inside to put their hands up.

Their demands quickly led to a shootout between the suspects and an armed employee, who had been in a back room of the store when the two entered, police said. In the exchange, Duncan, the employee and a customer were injured.

The employee and the customer survived their injuries, but Duncan died of multiple gunshot wounds that night.

Richardson fled, leaving Duncan bleeding inside the jewelry store, according to Richardson’s arrest report, released Tuesday.

Richardson’s name first surfaced in the investigation during a search of Duncan’s cellphone, which was found on him the night of the robbery, the report stated.

The two had called each other about 80 times in the weeks leading up to the robbery, prompting detectives to review Richardson’s cellphone records from the day of the robbery between 1 p.m. and 8 p.m.

Those records showed Richardson’s cellphone pinging to several towers within 500 feet of John Fish Jewelers before, during and immediately after the robbery, according to the arrest report.

Richardson changed his phone number about two weeks after the robbery, police determined.

A preliminary hearing in the case is set for April 8, jail records show. He remains at the Clark County Detention Center without bail.

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job Pedro. However if he was less hesitant, he would have faired better.

-c1steve

Posts: 4055 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
had already served time in prison and could not legally own a firearm...

Perhaps these entrepreneurs were unaware of this minor provision in Nevada’s criminal code.

P229

Posts: 3828 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I won't piss on Pedro's parade.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43889 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I won't piss on Pedro's parade.

Same here. Pedro has a big set of balls. He didn’t have to commit to that fight. I wish him the best.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming Pedro was one of the jewelers in the back.

Several years ago one of my customers ordered a gun safe and wanted it delivered to his jewelry store. I told him that it didn't meet any of their insurance requirements and he told me to bring it anyway.

He had purchased 10 rifles that would be stationed throughout the store, including several in the area where his jewelers worked at their benches. The gun safe was to secure them at night.

Probably won't end too well for anybody that decides to rob them.

Good for Pedro.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15721 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm assuming Pedro was one of the jewelers in the back.

The article wasn't very clear, but according to other reports Torres was a jeweler in the employ of the jewelry store.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16362 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post