SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Car in accident while at dealer for repair. (Update page 3))
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Car in accident while at dealer for repair. (Update page 3)) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well, it's over.
I managed, (with the ideas suppled by members of this forum) to get them to raise the value of the damaged C 300 to at least low retail. Promises of a diminished value claim from my insurance claim and a call to V-Tail's supplied Mercedes Benz customer service honcho seemed to wake them up a bit. Stamped my little feet, threw and caught an F bomb or two.

Not sure how I did, but the head of sales and the GM didn't acknowledge me or the wife today. They both recognized me.
We left with a '20 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit with 21k on the clock in exchange for 27.5k$ and a damaged 300C with 96k miles.

In my mind when both sides are convinced they got hosed, it was a fair deal. I got hosed but I hope at least they felt some pain.

OZ

Posts: 161 | Registered: February 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a lot more than I got for my 15 C300 Sport, when I traded it in, in 2020 w/ 67k or so on it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15373 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post