SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Lens: AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Lens: AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR Login/Join 
posted
So my new 45.7 Megapixel Nikon D850 was exposing softness in the corners of my tried and true 24-70mm F2.8G ED, so I succumbed to holiday Gear Acquisition Syndrome and ordered the updated version of the lens.

It is large and heavy, but early test shots indicate that it is much sharper in the corners. The VR is very nice too as I do almost all of my shooting handheld.

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pretty sweet package.

Posts: 17889 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
Very nice choice.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
Very nice..top of the top!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1159 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wow. A set up like that is a price of a nice used car... Eek

Posts: 13037 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The new Nikon VR lenses are amazing.
I was able to shoot a 200-500 mm lens in Africa recently by just holding it..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The E aperture control is another great improvement. Nice set up.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post