SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Desert Tech MDR arrives in UK!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Desert Tech MDR arrives in UK!!! Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
Semi-whoopee!!!

Well, without the 'semi', of course. This IS the UK, after all, where semi-auto centrefires were banned after the 1986 Hungerford Massacre, where one person, who should have been put in a looney-bin years earlier, went on a rampage and killed sixteen people [the first was a mother in the nearby Savernake Forest who was having a picnic with her two toddlers, the next was his own mother] and wounded around thirty other people, some of whom have never fully recovered.

Soooo, what's like like, this UK-special MDR?

Well, one thing apart, it's exactly like yours'. The only difference is that here we have to drive it ourselves by using the cocking handle to both cock it and reload.

There's also the little matter of cost, too.

UK price is going to be £2950 - that's $4277.50.

Or *DD$29945.50.

No doubt they'll fly off the dealer's shelf.

That's the ONE Desert Tech dealer, my old shooting pal, Ewan Campbell.

tac

*DD$ = Dog Dollars

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Alrighty, then that's progress right? Eek

Posts: 22936 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
tac, I've seen some of your videos of people shooting the straight-pull ARs, and they are pretty cool. That price makes me retch.

Posts: 5759 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
There never seems to be a 3D printer around when you need one. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Alrighty, then that's progress right? Eek

Of a kind. We seem to be getting a made-for-yUK special before some of you are getting the real deal, if my dealer pal in OR is telling the truth.

The price - to me - makes it laughably out of reach, even supposing I was a CSR competitor, but I'm betting you that there won't be one available for sale in an eyeblink. My days of using a service rifle are over, and back then the ammunition was heading in both directions.

However, people over here know a good thing when they see it, and the CSR [Civilian Service Rifle] match following is huge, by yUK standards, that is.

Lots of luck to pal Ewen, and props to the the boys in Utah for making the thing, no matter how embarrassing it might be to admit to it.

tac

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post