SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't I keep my eyes off this Taco-truck!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't I keep my eyes off this Taco-truck! Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
I own a really nice Hybrid Hyundai Tucson that gets near 40MPG. But I can't keep my eyes off this Tacoma. Need help! Someone buy it!

2020 'Yoda Taco

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Honestly, after reading your thread title I really expected to find some wild painted food truck plying its trade near you. Oh well.... hehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16143 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I'll have two grilled chicken soft shell...

I like the part where you said 40 MPG.

Posts: 9109 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Honestly, after reading your thread title I really expected to find some wild painted food truck plying its trade near you. Oh well.... hehehehehehehe

With Salma Hayek leaning out the window to hand over your order.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Buy it!

Did I help?

I love mine. I don't think you'll regret it. The pickup is more versatile than the Tuscon. Gas mileage is overrated, anyway. Wink

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17243 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

That's what I was hoping for too.Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107241 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Somewhat tempting as I want to replace my old beater 2000 Tundra, but I'd need one with a long bed `cuz I gotta be able to sleep in it. Problem there is, to keep it to a reasonable overall length you kinda need to go with the extended cab instead of the double, and I need that space too.

At this point, honestly I'm leaning more toward a 4Runner than the Tacoma.

Posts: 7243 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Love it! 2017 SR5 4-door 4x4 owner here. I’m not gonna discourage you from buying that beauty!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6687 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

I'll take two.....

Got milk?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6294 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What’s the new price? We are looking at Rave 4s and Highlanders

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1118 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If they had another couple inches legroom in the driver's seat, I would be shopping for one. Unfortunately, my extra-long legs won't fit in any of the mid-sized tricks I have tried -- Tacoma, Ranger, Canyon / Colorado, Ridgeline.

I really don't need a full-size like F150, Ram 1500, etc., but looks like the only choice if I want a truck. Frown

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30539 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
6.2 million USD

Plus tax, tag and title. Options are, of course, extra.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I'll bet Paco makes a mean torta.

Posts: 17047 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And you get what you pay for, unlike automobiles today.

I'm telling you- we need to horsewhip automotive executives and CEOs, then put them in stocks in the public square for a week, and allow people who work for a living to pelt them with rotten fruits and vegetables.

Then, we'll talk about trucks-TRUCKS- that cost an obscene 100,000 dollars. Mad

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
A lot of detractors regarding Tacomas but more that love them. IME the best looking mid sized truck on the road. Biased maybe as I'm on my third. Almost completely stock, yet I get "Nice truck" at least once a week. Don't think it's cool, no problem. Go with what you like.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by TBH:
6.2 million USD

Plus tax, tag and title. Options are, of course, extra.

But wait! There’s more! Order today and get a FREE set of Ginsu steak knives AND a FREE Chop-A-Matic Slicer-Dicer-Chopper! Valued at $37,598, yours FREE! Operators are standing by!

Posts: 11811 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
At this point, honestly I'm leaning more toward a 4Runner than the Tacoma.

I've got one and I've been vaguely thinking over Tacomas lately. Razz

If you plan on sleeping in one, definitely go down to a dealership and have them fold all the surfaces in back flat to see it it'll do ya. They're not badly sized, but they're not huge.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My 2010 Prerunner (2WD, 4cyl, 5 speed manual) has been performing and holding up nicely these past 12 years. The Prerunner is sort of an in between model between the base and the 4WD TRD. You get 16" 6 lug steel wheels (and spare), 4WD suspension, and a 4.11 rear diff ratio.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Run the numbers.

A lot of folks bailing out of a paid or nearly paid vehicle just to extend their debt another 4 years and the benefit is a few more mpg.

Some did that in the 70's - odd/even plate numbers on alternate days etc because GAS CRISIS OMG! and all said and done nobody figured the ROI and the impact on their cash flow. They dumped an Imperial with no payment to get a small Toyota with 29 mpg, no room, a monthly payment, and less money in their account. Sure the Imperial was only 12mpg with a 440 under the hood - but filling it up was still cheaper at the end of the month at 79c a gallon.

Im not flipping my 05 F150 for a payment just to get another 5-10 mpg at the cost of ??? $500 a month? That's more than my gas budget. I might fill it three times, 17 gallons, at $5 a gallon it's $255 a month.

Run the numbers. We saw a lot of folks getting behind the curve on cash flow jumping into New! vehicles and winding up poorer for the trouble.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post