SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Why can't I keep my eyes off this Taco-truck!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why can't I keep my eyes off this Taco-truck! Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I'll bet Paco makes a mean torta.

I bet Paco had no water until he moved the truck.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Honestly, after reading your thread title I really expected to find some wild painted food truck plying its trade near you. Oh well.... hehehehehehehe

With Salma Hayek leaning out the window to hand over your order.

That would be the greatest day of my life.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
Run the numbers.

A lot of folks bailing out of a paid or nearly paid vehicle just to extend their debt another 4 years and the benefit is a few more mpg.

Some did that in the 70's - odd/even plate numbers on alternate days etc because GAS CRISIS OMG! and all said and done nobody figured the ROI and the impact on their cash flow. They dumped an Imperial with no payment to get a small Toyota with 29 mpg, no room, a monthly payment, and less money in their account. Sure the Imperial was only 12mpg with a 440 under the hood - but filling it up was still cheaper at the end of the month at 79c a gallon.

Im not flipping my 05 F150 for a payment just to get another 5-10 mpg at the cost of ??? $500 a month? That's more than my gas budget. I might fill it three times, 17 gallons, at $5 a gallon it's $255 a month.

Run the numbers. We saw a lot of folks getting behind the curve on cash flow jumping into New! vehicles and winding up poorer for the trouble.

My brother did that with a full size pickup once. Now, he hadn't paid the full-size off yet, but I still think he took a huge hit by extending the payoff another 2 or 3 years, and another new-car depreciation whack. All for 12 mpg, and a car he never liked.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, after reading your thread title I really expected to find some wild painted food truck plying its trade near you. Oh well.... hehehehehehehe

I'm gonna show my age.

When did they stop being roach coaches and become food trucks?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have a '16 Tacoma and its been a great truck - given the road conditions here in Tucson as well as the general utility aspects

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

I'm gonna show my age.

When existing chefs and new graduates out of culinary school figured out could buy a food truck for 1/3rd to 1/6th the cost of a restaurant.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Came expecting photos of delicious meats, cheeses, and tortillas.

Now I am disappointed. And hungry.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
I'm gonna show my age.

Roach coaches serve barely eatable stuff usually prepackaged and plied their trade at blue collar work sites. More and more they are becoming a dying breed replaced by food trucks.

Food trucks are more upscale, making fresh to order, with what is offered often rivaling local restaurants.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thought the exact same thing.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I say go for it. I miss my Taco so much. It was the best vehicle I ever owned. Every year it would go out on the beach at OBX for the annual surf & camp trip at Oregon inlet. A cooler of beers, bed full of surf boards = good times. The tint was pretty aggressive and almost impossible to see out of at night but on the beach you couldn’t ask for a better vehicle. Only time it came close to getting stuck was near Hatteras.

Sometimes I wonder if that truck is thinking about me. Damn I know it sounds like a country song but I miss that damn truck so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As long as you can get enough out of your Tucson to not have to take a loan out to purchase the Taco I say go for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1s1k,

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Well I stopped and filled up my Hybrid today took 10 gallons and drove 385 miles on a tank of gas. 3.99. /gallon for 88 octane. Yeah I think I’m going to keep this. The Tacoma gets maybe 22/23 tough to dump 15 mpg just to get that.

Plus this Tucson is really nice and has all the bells and whistles.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post