SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flew an SR22T Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flew an SR22T Today Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Coming from a 172 and Piper Warrior it feels like someone took the training wheels off. I'm just wondering if Cirrus America will take a kidney as a downpayment. Forever renting Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Nice panel!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
Nice panel!
RMD

You could probably fly the Space Shuttle after this!

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4945 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Does it have enough power with the blades bent like that?
Big Grin

Posts: 20565 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I love the key!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
I love the key!

Huh? That's what they all look like.

Unless you mean the N Number on the tag that matches the blurred out one on the panel. Razz

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
I love the key!

Huh? That's what they all look like.

Unless you mean the N Number on the tag that matches the blurred out one on the panel. Razz

Secret secrets are no fun... Wink

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Where's the cigarette lighter? Big Grin

Posts: 6568 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Not bad for $650k in change Wink Great legs, 1200nm at 65% power, impressive

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

If your bladder can hold out that long...

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Spent a couple hundred hours in Cirrus aircraft. Lots of fun and a nice stable bird. Glad you got to experience it. The turbo's can be a little cantankerous with hot starts.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10988 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's my understanding that most go out the door closer to $900k- essentially fully optioned. Doesn't make sense to me against a piper malibu, but I'm not a buyer for either so it doesn't really matter Smile.

I flew one a few years ago but I couldn't keep up with speed as I was used to a 172. I've become a Mooney guy now Smile.

Posts: 763 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
quote:

If your bladder can hold out that long...
Big Grin If you can afford $650k, then you can afford Depends or a Stadium Pal. Eek

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23659 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
awesome TAA

glad you had a chance to fly it - how'd you like the stick?

for $900k you can get a relief tube added Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I too love the instrument panel. Quite impressive.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
stripped @650k, nicely equipped around 850k Wink
quote:
Originally posted by ECSquirrel:
quote:

It's my understanding that most go out the door closer to $900k- essentially fully optioned. Doesn't make sense to me against a piper malibu, but I'm not a buyer for either so it doesn't really matter Smile.

I flew one a few years ago but I couldn't keep up with speed as I was used to a 172. I've become a Mooney guy now Smile.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ECSquirrel:
quote:

Atta boy! What do you have?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I always wondered, is it easy to adjust to flying with your left hand instead of with both? IIRC, the pilot uses their left hand on the left side for the left seat, and the right hand in the right seat. . .

Airbus has this same setup - the joysticks are on the outboard sides of the cockpit.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I always wondered, is it easy to adjust to flying with your left hand instead of with both? IIRC, the pilot uses their left hand on the left side for the left seat, and the right hand in the right seat. . .

Airbus has this same setup - the joysticks are on the outboard sides of the cockpit.

It's no big deal. Right hand is on throttle with either set up. The Cirrus control isn't a joystick. It's more of an offset traditional control.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post