SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Flew an SR22T Today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flew an SR22T Today Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I always wondered, is it easy to adjust to flying with your left hand instead of with both? IIRC, the pilot uses their left hand on the left side for the left seat, and the right hand in the right seat. . .

Airbus has this same setup - the joysticks are on the outboard sides of the cockpit.

Yes. I thought it might be odd as the "stick" airplane I had flown prior had been right hand stick, left hand throttle. The "yoke" airplane I remember as being the reverse. When I got a chance to fly a friend's SR20 and later SR22 it felt completely natural. Not what I expected.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by ECSquirrel:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Not bad for $650k in change Wink Great legs, 1200nm at 65% power, impressive

It's my understanding that most go out the door closer to $900k- essentially fully optioned. Doesn't make sense to me against a piper malibu, but I'm not a buyer for either so it doesn't really matter Smile.

I flew one a few years ago but I couldn't keep up with speed as I was used to a 172. I've become a Mooney guy now Smile.

Atta boy! What do you have?

M20J- 150 knots @ 9 gallons per hour. It doesn't get much more efficient in a traveling airplane!!! Just lost a vacuum pump yesterday (in VMC).

quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I always wondered, is it easy to adjust to flying with your left hand instead of with both? IIRC, the pilot uses their left hand on the left side for the left seat, and the right hand in the right seat. . .

Airbus has this same setup - the joysticks are on the outboard sides of the cockpit.

I fly with my left hand almost exclusively anyway- it's a non issue. When I flew the SR22, while I was overwhelmed, the yoke was very comfortable. Every review from a pilot that I've read says that it's a very easy transition.

Posts: 763 | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Used with less than 1000 TT for 200K

Posts: 4777 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cirrus now has a jet, similarly sized. The Vision Jet. 300 KTAS, with a stall speed of 67 knots.
I would like one of those.

https://cirrusaircraft.com/aircraft/vision-jet/

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
Can these be configured with an airframe chute in the event of major equipment failure or a structural fault (wing decides to fall off)?

All Cirrus aircraft have CAPS

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Sock Eating Golden:
quote:

If your bladder can hold out that long...
Big Grin If you can afford $650k, then you can afford Depends or a Stadium Pal. Eek

or an empty gallon milk jug. Eek

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

It's my understanding that most go out the door closer to $900k- essentially fully optioned. Doesn't make sense to me against a piper malibu, but I'm not a buyer for either so it doesn't really matter Smile.

I flew one a few years ago but I couldn't keep up with speed as I was used to a 172. I've become a Mooney guy now Smile.

Atta boy! What do you have?

M20J- 150 knots @ 9 gallons per hour. It doesn't get much more efficient in a traveling airplane!!! Just lost a vacuum pump yesterday (in VMC).

I put lots of hours on a 1969 M20C after flying a club 20J, then later found a 252 converted to Encore, 220 knots, 12.7 gph, 1,100 lbs useful load, to FL250. I sold it to move into Malibus, and now, although I enjoyed the Malibu and a later Mirage, I regard those as a mistake. The Encore was the best.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I found the joystick to be very natural. Besides things happening a bit faster than in the Cessna the SR22 felt very familiar. Carried a little more power landing but other than that I really enjoyed it. Will hopefully take it on a few cross country fights soon so I can settle in. Felt overwhelming the first time I flew it, but managed and I'll be back for more Smile

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post