SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to post pictures and how to use the signature
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to post pictures and how to use the signature Login/Join 
Picture of lonestar outlaw
posted
I am trying to find out how to post pictures and also how to place a saying or quote at the bottom of my post
Any help would be greatly appreciated

100% Texagun

Posts: 37 | Location: East Texas | Registered: July 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Below is a great HOWTO on how to post photos. Please realize Photo bucket has gone from a free site to a pay site. If you want to use PhotoBucket, you will need a paid account. Find any number of other free hosting sites and follow the same process.

quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sigforum doesn't host member photos. Photo albums are not enabled.

You'll need to find an outside website (like Photobucket, Imgur, etc.) to host your photos.

Then follow these instructions to post a photo:

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks ffips

100% Texagun

Posts: 37 | Location: East Texas | Registered: July 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
The signature is set within the personal zone. It is also advisabe to put a contact email address there for other members to see. This info isn't searchable by bots, but it is advisable to take extra care when posting an email address such as typing "at" instead of "@".

Welcome aboard, read lots, lots to read. Smile

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lonestar outlaw:
Thanks ffips

You're welcome but, I swiped the info from a post in the office section. There is infor on posting vids there too.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The signature is added in your profile settings.

Please put the hr "tag" (letters hr between [ ] brackets) as the first item in your signature so it will present a "line" above the signature.

Otherwise your posts will look like your signature is the last sentence of your post.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44498 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
It is also advisabe to put a contact email address there for other members to see. This info isn't searchable by bots, but it is advisable to take extra care when posting an email address such as typing "at" instead of "@".

Since it is not searchable by bots, I have found no reason to obfuscate the email address in the profile. It is only visible to members. Making it the regular address, without any "at's" or anything like that, also makes it clickable. Clicking on it opens a new email in your email client already addressed to the member. I've had my full address in my profile for over 10 years and never got any spam from it.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FFips can a member send a private message to another member

100% Texagun

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
FFips can a member send a private message to another member

nope

send an email

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11477 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mikeinnc

100% Texagun

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Don't forget the emojis on the upper left corner when creating a post Razz Cool Big Grin Eek

Welcome to the forum!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks BRL Smile

100% Texagun

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Re the procedure (above) for posting a photo -- as has been said, you need to use a hosting site. Many folks here used to use photobucket, but when they got kind of crazy with their fees, most people went someplace else.

I find that PostImage is very user-friendly, and it's FREE.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Re: the photo posting procedure above. Be advised that Flickr® does not permit just copying the URL of the photo on their site and posting it between the "[img]" and "[/img]" boxes. Doing so is a violation of their rules. Instead, they provide a feature for sharing photos that produces a link that can be copied and directly pasted into a forum. The procedure for doing this has been very nicely documented and posted here some time back. Perhaps the person who posted it then will repost it here.

ETA: I found the old link. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...920069724#7920069724

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
and please don't go overboard on the sigs. They shouldn't be longer than the average post.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
and please don't go overboard on the sigs. They shouldn't be longer than the average post.[/QUOTE

zoom6zoom not sure what you mean but are you saying Im posting to much if so I didn't know that

100% Texagun

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Please put the hr "tag" (letters hr between [ ] brackets) as the first item in your signature so it will present a "line" above the signature.

Otherwise your posts will look like your signature is the last sentence of your post.

this needs repeating multiple times

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
zoom6zoom not sure what you mean but are you saying Im posting to much if so I didn't know that

You are not posting too much at all, just finding your way on a new forum. Your sig is a single line. This is good! Some people go overboard and have their sig list every gun they own, or use some lengthy quote, or something else that takes up a lot of space. As a result, their forum posts are often much shorter than the sig line, which can be annoying when having to scroll to the next post.

Posts: 10883 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

this needs repeating multiple times

Here's one more time use [h r] minus space between h&r.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew I thought I had broken the rules lol

100% Texagun