SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How to post pictures and how to use the signature
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to post pictures and how to use the signature Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to link to the waiver.

Posts: 21375 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The signature is added in your profile settings.

Please put the hr "tag" (letters hr between [ ] brackets) as the first item in your signature so it will present a "line" above the signature.

Otherwise your posts will look like your signature is the last sentence of your post.

this needs repeating multiple times

Here's one more time use [h r] minus space between h&r.

Not to mention that the makeshift dividers (i.e. see OP) can look ridiculously long depending on the medium the viewer is using to read the forum.

Year V

Posts: 2674 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lonestar outlaw:
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew I thought I had broken the rules lol

Go back to your profile and make your existing signature look like the box on the right.

That will create the correct dividing line in your posts. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44493 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lonestar outlaw
posted Hide Post
ok sigmonkey is this right

100% Texagun

Posts: 37 | Location: East Texas | Registered: July 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
apparently not I'll try once more

100% Texagun

Posts: 37 | Location: East Texas | Registered: July 26, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
One post in a year...and you've managed to rack up to 17 so far in this thread. We've created a post monster. Big Grin

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lmao Modern Day Savage and thanks

100% Texagun

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
apparently not I'll try once more

Remove everything in the signature dialog box and only have the "hr" tag and "100 % Texagun". (no quote marks)

So it looks like the picture.

You have something that is creating the dark thin lines and those will not scale to phones and such, and end up as extra lines. Remove that from the box.

quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
One post in a year...and you've managed to rack up to 17 so far in this thread. We've created a Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44493 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sigmonkey I don't understand being called a post whore
I've tried everything you have suggested and nothing seems to work so I'll just not have a signature

100% Texagun

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've tried everything you have suggested and nothing seems to work so I'll just not have a signature

It's in jest, don't worry.

Replace "hr" with [h r] minus the space.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21141 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No skins I'm done no signature
I'm not computer savy as you are
Have a good evening

100% Texagun

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
No skins I'm done no signature
I'm not computer savy as you are
Have a good evening
Replace your parenthesis with [ and ] then you've got it. If you quote my post you can copy and paste it OR you can look at the screen shot.

100% Texagun

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23690 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

My apologies.

I did not mean it as an insult, just trying to be funny.

posted Hide Post
sigmonkey no need to apologize you did nothing
Frustration just set in last evening but Im gonna get signature right today

100% Texagun

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
sigmonkey no need to apologize you did nothing
Frustration just set in last evening but Im gonna get signature right today

Ok, now replace your quotation marks "hr" with brackets [ ] HR should be inside the brackets with no spaces

[H R] with no space will insert a horizontal rule (thin line) that looks like
the line shown

You are trying to get

100% Texagun

Another solve would be to use this as your signature:

--
100% Texagun

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ffips I think I finally got it right

100% Texagun

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
ffips I think I finally got it right

Yep, place the "[h r]100% Texagun" in the singnature panel removing the space between the h and r and the quotation marks. Then delete everything else in the signature panel. Smile

Posts: 3586 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ffips thanks again and sorry for all the trouble

100% Texagun

Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
ffips thanks again and sorry for all the trouble

You got it!! Smile No trouble, asking is learning. There might be some extra lines after your signature which is making it look empty after your 100% Texagun.

I don't use my signature a lot, but have in this post.

A wife who loses a husband is called a widow.
A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.
A child who loses his parents is called an orphan.
But...there is no word for a parent who loses a child, that's how awful the loss is!

- Neugeboren 1976, 154