SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I’m receiving daily emails from the Washington Examiner, who is that???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m receiving daily emails from the Washington Examiner, who is that??? Login/Join 
Dances With
Tornados
posted
Who in the heck is the Washington Examiner? Washington Examiner dot com. I’ve never heard of them before. A google search indicates it’s a conservative news organization, but I’m afraid to click on the email.

What irritates me is, just like a lot of spam email that is nothing but fake and is an attempt to do harm, at the bottom of the email it states “You are receiving this email because you are subscribed to it”. I’ve NOT subscribed! This is typical of many if not darn near all spam and phish emails.

BTW google indicates it’s owned by Philip Anscultz, whom I’m familiar with as he owned our local newspaper for a few years but just sold it a few months ago.

Posts: 11864 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Don't know if your emails are legit or not but the Examiner is a good paper (not actually a paper anymore). I like them and Washington Times way, way, way more than WaPo.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20843 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
What Skins said.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Washington Examiner itself is legit. A guy from there (one Charlie Hurt, IIRC) appears on Fox News every so often. This kind of spam e-mail doesn't seem legit, however.

Posts: 28006 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I have a bunch of emails from them in my spam filter. I’ve not opened any, either, because I never subscribed.

Posts: 26942 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post