SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help me find a simple video splitting/cutting tool please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help me find a simple video splitting/cutting tool please. Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I have a fairly simple need. I want to be able to chop up a single MP4 video file into several smaller files.

For example. Lets say we have Video.MP4 and it is 2 hours long. I want to be able to cut out 00:00-20:00 and call it Video_1.MP4. Then I want to take 20:01-40:00 and cut it out to create Video_2.MP4 etc. etc.

I don't need to convert formats, I don't need special effects, transitions, edits or anything beyond snipping out smaller pieces of a long video.

Can anybody recommend me a simple, free or inexpensive tool to do this. Again I just want to do a simple "snip" save as....."snip" save as kind of thing.

Am I off base that just doing this should be extremely simple?????

As always, thank you.
Chris

PS- Para if this better served in the Lair just shoot it over there or let me know and I will zap this thread and move to the lair.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Mac or PC?

If Mac, you already should have iMovie.

If PC, sorry I cant help.

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I would say to try Microsoft Movie Maker but it isn't available anymore in W10.
I used to edit Golf Swing videos for analysis with it and it was quick and easy.
Maybe try the video editor in MS Photos which is installed on W10.
Just looking it over (video editor in MS Photos App) seems it has a trim feature that could do that for you and it is built in to W10.
I am sure there are other 3rd party apps if you check.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
PC. Thanks

Yea there are third party apps but they range from kitchen sink complicated to barely adequate. At this point I have only been demoing/trying freeware as I don’t have a need that warrants any real expenditure.

Chris

Posts: 7683 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Do you have a smartphone with a video editor?

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Do you have a smartphone with a video editor?

I do, hadn’t really thought of that. Wonder if I can get an MP4 on the phone, without it being a .mov format.

Hmmm it’s an Avenue. Thanks.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Windows 10 Photos has a built-in video editor that can split MP4 videos. Program is free.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post