SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Al Qaeda operative tied to USS Cole bombing killed in US airstrike, Trump says
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Al Qaeda operative tied to USS Cole bombing killed in US airstrike, Trump says Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
Not seeing this story in the fake news arena, predictably. Good on the military for stomping on another one of these insects!

Jamal al-Badawi, the Al Qaeda operative tied to the deadly 2000 attack on USS Cole, was killed during a U.S. airstrike in Yemen, President Trump announced Sunday.

“Our GREAT MILITARY has delivered justice for the heroes lost and wounded in the cowardly attack on the USS Cole. We have just killed the leader of that attack, Jamal al-Badawi. Our work against al Qaeda continues. We will never stop in our fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism!” Trump wrote on Twitter.

Capt. Bill Urban, U.S. Central Command spokesman, said on Friday the airstrike in Yemen carried out on New Year’s Day was directed at al-Badawi, who was on FBI’s list of “Most Wanted Terrorists.” Urban could not confirm the Al Qaeda operative’s death, saying U.S. forces were still assessing the results.

The U.S. government sought al-Badawi for his alleged part in the terrorist attack launched nearly 20 years ago against the USS Cole, which was in the port in Aden, Yemen for a refueling stop when suicide bombers attacked it and ripped a hole in the hull of the Navy destroyer. The bombing, which predated the 9/11 terror attacks, killed 17 sailors dead and injured 39 others.

“Jamal al-Badawi was indicted by a federal grand jury in 2003, charged with 50 counts of various terrorism offenses, including murder of U.S. nationals and murder of U.S. military personnel,” the statement said. "The suspect is also charged with attempting with co-conspirators to attack a U.S. Navy vessel in January 2000."

Then-president Bill Clinton vowed to avenge the sailors killed.

"To those who attacked them, we say: 'You will not find a safe harbor,'" Clinton said in 2000 during a memorial service. "We will find you, and justice will prevail."

Yemeni authorities captured Al-Badawi about two months after the USS Cole bombing, but he escaped from prison in April 2003. He was recaptured about a year later, but managed to escape Yemeni custody again in February 2006, the FBI said.

The Justice Department offered up to $5 million for information leading to al-Badawi's arrest.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/...airstrike-trump-says

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
The only sad part about this story, is that he probably didn't suffer.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You can bet he had a night or two of fitful sleep and a crick in his neck from looking over his shoulder the past 18 years.

He's dead, keep the beat.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/04...wi-killed/index.html

The administration official said that al-Badawi was struck while driving alone in a vehicle and that the US assessed there was not any collateral damage.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

the dangers of driving while terrorist

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

He's suffering now.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
...al-Badawi was struck while driving alone in a vehicle...

What'a that noi...

Uncle Sam saying AMF Mad

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Drone on... Wink

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That would be a nice mission to be the person pushing the red button... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

He's suffering now.

Beat me to it. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
Good.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 671 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Karma's a bitch.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Beat me to it. Smile

Reminds me of this oldie but goodie from The Onion:

NEWS

Hijackers Surprised To Find Selves In Hell

JAHANNEM, OUTER DARKNESS—The hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon expressed confusion and surprise Monday to find themselves in the lowest plane of Na'ar, Islam's Hell.

"I was promised I would spend eternity in Paradise, being fed honeyed cakes by 67 virgins in a tree-lined garden, if only I would fly the airplane into one of the Twin Towers," said Mohammed Atta, one of the hijackers of American Airlines Flight 11, between attempts to vomit up the wasps, hornets, and live coals infesting his stomach. "But instead, I am fed the boiling feces of traitors by malicious, laughing Ifrit. Is this to be my reward for destroying the enemies of my faith?"

The rest of Atta's words turned to raw-throated shrieks, as a tusked, asp-tongued demon burst his eyeballs and drank the fluid that ran down his face.

According to Hell sources, the 19 eternally damned terrorists have struggled to understand why they have been subjected to soul-withering, infernal torture ever since their Sept. 11 arrival.

"There was a tumultuous conflagration of burning steel and fuel at our gates, and from it stepped forth these hijackers, the blessed name of the Lord already turning to molten brass on their accursed lips," said Iblis The Thrice-Damned, the cacodemon charged with conscripting new arrivals into the ranks of the forgotten. "Indeed, I do not know what they were expecting, but they certainly didn't seem prepared to be skewered from eye socket to bunghole and then placed on a spit so that their flesh could be roasted by the searing gale of flatus which issues forth from the haunches of Asmoday."

"Which is strange when you consider the evil with which they ended their lives and those of so many others," added Iblis, absentmindedly twisting the limbs of hijacker Abdul Aziz Alomari into unspeakably obscene shapes.

"I was told that these Americans were enemies of the one true religion, and that Heaven would be my reward for my noble sacrifice," said Alomari, moments before his jaw was sheared away by faceless homunculi. "But now I am forced to suckle from the 16 poisoned leathern teats of Gophahmet, Whore of Betrayal, until I burst from an unwholesome engorgement of curdled bile. This must be some sort of terrible mistake."

Exacerbating the terrorists' tortures, which include being hollowed out and used as prophylactics by thorn-cocked Gulbuth The Rampant, is the fact that they will be forced to endure such suffering in sight of the Paradise they were expecting.

"It might actually be the most painful thing we can do, to show these murderers the untold pleasures that would have awaited them in Paradise, if only they had lived pious lives," said Praxitas, Duke of Those Willingly Led Astray. "I mean, it's tough enough being forced through a wire screen by the callused palms of Halcorym and then having your entrails wound onto a stick and fed to the toothless, foul-breathed swine of Gehenna. But to endure that while watching the righteous drink from a river of wine? That can't be fun."

Underworld officials said they have not yet decided on a permanent punishment for the terrorists.

"Eventually, we'll settle on an eternal and unending task for them," said Lord Androalphus, High Praetor of Excruciations. "But for now, everyone down here wants a crack at them. The legions of fang-wombed hags will take their pleasure on their shattered carcasses for most of this afternoon. Tomorrow, their flesh will be melted from their bones like wax in the burning embrace of the Mother of Cowards. The day after that, they'll be sodomized by the Fallen and their bowels shredded by a demonic ejaculate of burning sand. Then, on Sunday, Satan gets them all day. I can't even imagine what he's got cooked up for them."

https://www.theonion.com/hijac...s-in-hell-1819566162

Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
He went to hell and didn't find any virgins...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
He went to hell and didn't find any virgins...

He did, but they were all named Bubba and they were very happy to see him.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Good.

Fuck that guy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
Bravo Zulu

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
We are implacable.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I hope it hurt.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post