SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Corpus Christi Area Lunch Restaurant Recommendation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corpus Christi Area Lunch Restaurant Recommendation Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
A buddy and his wife have been living abroad, and will be passing through Corpus Christi in a few weeks so I'm planning to have lunch with them.

I haven't been in Corpus Christi in 10+ years. Their preference would be Texas BBQ, Mexican, or Tex-Mex. Any restaurant recommendations for lunch on a Monday?

I already checked the Texas Monthly Top 50 BBQ list and the nearest (Butler's in Mathis) is closed Mondays.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Tatortodd, my son is attending A&M Corpus, when we moved him in August, a local I trust suggested Catfish Charlies for dinner.
It was great, good food, great staff, priced right.

You might consider this.

HK Ag

Posts: 3506 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My hometown.
Tex-Mex - best in town is HI-HO casual dress closes at 2:30pm. Tourist like Kikos -more upscale with bar drinks available.
BBQ - Smolik's Smokehouse in Mathis. Worth the drive from Corpus. Julian's Pit BBQ in Corpus.
Best fried oysters - King's Seafood -don't let the looks fool you. Carry out only. Catfish Charlie's is good for catfish and cold beers.
Pier 99 on North beach next to the Lexington decent seafood.

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

Still plenty of time if people have additional suggestions.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23313 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post