SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I saw the perfect vehicle if you have 17 kids and love convertibles ehh open air vehicles. Cool bus inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I saw the perfect vehicle if you have 17 kids and love convertibles ehh open air vehicles. Cool bus inside Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
This past weekend our family went to the NC Zoo. It was a great experience and really felt like pre pandemic days. The place was PACKED and only a very small percentage of people were masked, maybe a dozen out of the hundreds upon hundred of people I saw. Smile

While heading home we were all talking about the neatest thing we saw. I said “that awesome bus we rode at the end”. The wife didn’t like my answer but the kids enthusiastically agreed it was a sweet bus. Big Grin I had forgotten how the back of the bus bounces over even the smallest bumps in the road…it brought back some great memories from high school. Big Grin

What a sweet ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
LOL school buses were never known to ride well!

My friend's brother ordered a new school bus which came in right around when covid hit which was perfect timing because he's making it into a Toy Hauler. I've seen people's work converting old ones into campers but never someone ordering one? He said it was surprisingly inexpensive, no more than a little Sprinter van. He has a lot of motorcycles and races some of the Triumphs in some "Twin class". I've not seen it yet but am looking forward to it.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RideWV, Your post really got the gears turning in my head. Big Grin I could haul a serious collection of motos and friends to moto shows with little fear of breaking down again. Big Grin That would be so much FUN.

I really like the chopped top and safari style paint job on NC Zoo’s bus. My dad has an old 4runner 4x4 2003 I think with 320,000 miles. The dang thing has been flawless. Every time I see him I mention he needs a new ride and that I can’t wait to chop the top off on his 4runner. My dad hates modifying any vehicle and always shakes his head after I mention my plans for his trusty Toyota. Big Grin Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
A place in PA called Lake Tobias, similar bus setup. About 45 minutes north of Harrisburg.
Looks like the top of the bus was cut off with a abrasive wheel, plastic split lengthwise and placed over the cut steel so passengers/critters didn't get sliced.
Good times in 2016!

IMG_20160703_163943847 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20160703_170043468 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

IMG_20160703_163555612 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1551 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
In 1954, my Dad bought a school bus with a blown 6 cylinder engine and put a V8 in it.

He and I took out all but 4 seats, 2 on each side, put bolts in the holes where the other seat fasteners had been, painted the whole inside and had an instant RV.

Took it all over the US, Canada and Alaska.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:

IMG_20160703_163943847 by cee_Kamp 32ACP, on Flickr

That's cool!

I'll try to get a pic of the bus that's been turned into a toy hauler.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post