SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Which size All-American canner?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which size All-American canner? Login/Join 
Picture of OttoSig
posted
I'm leaning towards the 15 QT.

But I figured I would ask first, anyone who owns the All-Americans, did you regret not going bigger? going too big?

Is the 21.5 QT a sweet spot? Heat easily on 1 burner?

Thanks for your help.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6344 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has the 30 quart so I can't speak to the 15 v 21.5 but she absolutely loves it. They appear to be the Sig equivalent of pressure canners. Whichever size you choose, I'm sure you'll be very happy with the simplicity and durability of it.

Posts: 181 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: October 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
If you are feeding a lot of people, you’ll need something big enough to process the maximum number of quarts.
Just don’t buy something so tall it won’t fit under the vent hood above your stove.
Since there’s just the two of us, half pints, pints and 1-1/2 pints work fine. We can still process quarts, but we don’t need very many of them.
If you’re just getting into canning, read the Ball canning book cover to cover. Watch some youtube videos, see what is being used by all those prepper folks.
We love our All American canner. Sorry, it’s the 21.5 qt. model. Got a great memory, it’s just a little short.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I have the 930 model. No complaints whatsoever.

It's nice to be able to do one large batch rather than spending all day in a hot kitchen doing several smaller ones.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have the 925, 25 quart. Holds 19 pint jars. Put me in the big batch crowd for processing a lot of produce at once, it is the cats meow. But, sometimes it is too big.

We have a 16qt Mac Donalds M23 for small batch stuff, like small batch of 1/2 pint jelly jars.

Both were inherited from Mom, and have a long history of food preservation. We did have to find a new gasket for the Mac Donalds, but it still serves well.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2366 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post