SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Aaron’s Leather Quality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aaron’s Leather Quality Login/Join 
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted
I’ve never been much of a bag carrying person, however, I recently find myself in need of something to carry my things to and from work as I work from home more. I have always admired the saddleback leather bags but they are out of my budget. I came across this one on Woot and was wondering about it’s quality. Anybody have any experience with them?
https://home.woot.com/offers/a...bag-4?ref=cnt_wp_0_0

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
OOH! Thanks for the heads up.

I just looked at their reviews on Amazon, seems ok to me.

I do leather work as a hobby, there is no way I could even buy the leather and materials for under $100-$150.

I think I'll order one now.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
“The men’s messenger bag is finished with leather bindings around the edges that helps it to stay uptight when placed on the ground.”

What’s not to like about that?

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I purchased one off of Woot about a year ago. It's not a bad bag at all. I use it for a laptop, note pad and a couple of other small items on the road.

For the price it is a nice bag.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sold out. Dang.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
no possible way to make that for that price, got to be china made or they are dumping them for a loss.

Posts: 5595 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

no possible way to make that for that price, got to be china made or they are dumping them for a loss.
Website said these are from Spain.

I spent a year and a half working in Barcelona. The three really big bargains were taxicabs, wine, and leather goods.

Very high quality leather goods at phenomenal prices. I had a jacket (blazer style) made for me, great quality leather, at a really low price.

Custom riding (motorcycle) leather apparel was really inexpensive.

Bags of all kinds, great quality, low prices.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:

Website said these are from Spain.

I spent a year and a half working in Barcelona. The three really big bargains were taxicabs, wine, and leather goods.

Very high quality leather goods at phenomenal prices. I had a jacket (blazer style) made for me, great quality leather, at a really low price.

Custom riding (motorcycle) leather apparel was really inexpensive.

Bags of all kinds, great quality, low prices.

That may all be true, but I think their spiel is a little unclear-perhaps disingenuous?

“Aaron’s products are crafted out of the finest leather in Spain...”

Crafted in Spain? Or crafted out of the finest leather in Spain?