SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Who else went out for a ride?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who else went out for a ride? Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
I took my new-to-me BMW R1250GS for a pleasant two hour drive.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I did but on a bike with pedals. It was a very nice morning. Ended up making it a scenic ride of 3 hours getting in 26 miles.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Did both.

Yesterday, went down to Vidalia from the Augusta area on the motorbike (Africa Twin) to see the airshow. It was fantastic, and weather was great. A bit cloudy, which helped with temps and sunburn. No rain. Blue Angels did a stand-up job. I don't know why, but as I get older, that sort of thing puts a lump in my chest. (I am a veteran, Army though.)

Today, pulled out the road bike (Cannondale Synapse) for a ride on the local paved trail. Again, perfect weather (low 80s), and a great ride.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
Wanted to do both but don’t do either because the wife has a concussion she got while doing an3 day Adventure class at BMW Riding academy so I spent all day taking care of her!

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3696 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I didn’t ride any motos today but I did get in a trail ride in right before sunset. PERFECT weather for a ride in the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21127 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope. 38 degrees and rain here in the Yoop. My Pan America is still in storage.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16124 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Just finishing a week of riding GS’s based out of Young, Arizona. Had a great time and connected with some awesome veterans too.

Posts: 2836 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got in a small ride, too. Only about 70 miles on dirt and 50ish on pavement. Beautiful day for a ride!

Posts: 887 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
16 miles on the gravel bike today. Was a perfect day for a ride

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5762 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Would've been a great day for it, but we were out of the house most of the day.
Would've been a tough call to get the top down in the Midget, rain threatened all day, but held off until around 5pm

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15379 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Rode the R1200R to my friend's house for a cigar.
Took more time to suit up than the ride damn near.
Good smoke! Perdomo Lot 23 maduro Churchil.

Posts: 2833 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
12-mile MTB ride yesterday afternoon, perfect weather, and the trails were great.

Posts: 2080 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Rode up to Helen Georgia, it was beautiful.

JC

Posts: 1273 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
The wife and I managed to get out on our bikes to go teach a Basic Rider Course class for the MSF yesterday. It was a nice, cool (54 degree) ride in and a wonderful 75 degree ride home. About an hour each way to/from the college we taught at mainly through the country.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6740 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I took my new-to-me BMW R1250GS for a pleasant two hour drive.

Great motorcycle you have there!
Four of us rode down the length of WV into VA to Willville motorcycle campground off the Blue Ridge Parkway Friday. Today we rode back. Well three of us did because one of the KTM's fuel pump was acting up so he had to send for a trailer. That left the other KTM, a R1250GS, and I was on a Guzzi V85TT riding back today and what a beautiful day for a ride!

This was yesterday where we were staying. Bob's blue and white R1250GS, The KTM 1190 with the bad fuel pump, and my Guzzi back to the right.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7119 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post