SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Friggen NYT

Like most here, whenever I see them print "all the news that we deem fit to print", the red light comes on. Especially if the sources are anonymous. Or even if they are not. Times a'changin'.

However, if there is some truth to the story, it would mean that President Trump is not the obstinate braggart that he is made to appear. And he listens to advice. Double-whammy.

Now, regarding the immigration offer. "What Congress giveth, Congress taketh". My opinion about the path to citizenship. No path for Dreamers. Would rather have them Wide Awake. That entails a new classification-Permanent permanent residents. And then watch Dems' heads explode.

No citizenship, no vote. Unless, of course, through the usual Dems method.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
So Donald Trump may have wanted to fire Mueller.

So what ?

President Trump knows the Mueller investigation is a witch hunt based on fabricated "evidence".

A few posts above is one about a new Grassley ltr sent yesterday.

That ltr is long. It includes some new texts.

Conservative Treehouse immediately correlated some of those texts to show Strzok and Page were feeding information to reporter Devlin Barrett (WSJ and Wash Post)

In this text sequence, again INBOX = Strzok, OUTBOX = Page

https://theconservativetreehou...t-leaks/#more-145047

any doubt who "andy" is ?

This is 28 Oct 2016 when Comey announced that the Clinton email investigation will be reopened because of new emails on Anthony Weiner's laptop

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Friggen NYT with some undoubtedly made up bullshit this morning about how Trump allegedly tried to fire Mueller last year but his aides “stopped” him.

This has been all over the news, but who really cares? He didn't fire him (although he should have). Mueller is a scumbag. How the hell can he investigate the firing of his protege without bias? I mean come on. The democrats gave Mueller orders to take down Trump and that traitor said "Yes Sir!" and is doing his best. Innocent? He could care less. He needs to be investigated (along with the deputy AG he reports to) for his malfeasance during the Uranium One shenanigans.

Just to add, don't think for a second that the other high up FBI management scumbags involved in this weren't mentored by Mueller. All of them at what point or another were Mueller/Comey's people.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Seems he did pretty much O.K. in Davos amongst the globalists and elite.

Could it be that the lame stream media was wrong all along?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
It is hard to believe what he has done and he always gives credit to the ones that work for him. I know how much that means since in my last job it was all about others taking credit for my work and ideas.

The wall will be built which is the most important thing to stop drugs and illegals. DACA will end and the ones here under DACA will go through a filter to eliminate the undesirable ones. We need to move on and not let this drag on since there are other important things to do.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
We need to move on and not let this drag on since there are other important things to do.

One of the things should be to reintroduce the idea that this country is the greatest place for humans in all of history. Especially in schools for kids as they move through primary and secondary education.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
almost getting boring. almost

Package delivery company FedEx Corp said on Friday it will spend more than $3.2 billion on wage increases, bonuses, pension funding and capital investment, taking advantage of the U.S. tax overhaul signed into law in December

The Memphis, Tennessee-based company said it would invest $1.5 billion to significantly expand its hub in Indianapolis over the next seven years and modernize and enlarge its Memphis SuperHub. The new tax code allows companies to immediately write off the full value of capital costs, which helps make projects more financially attractive...FedEx, which said the recent tax changes would likely boost economic growth and investment in the United States, also said it would contribute $1.5 billion to an employee pension plan. The company plans more than $200 million in higher compensation, about two-thirds of which will go to hourly employees with the remainder funding increases in performance-based incentive plans for salaried workers.

but:

Last 6 weeks, Congressional Leadership Fund surveyed 69 congressional districts. The tax bill is underwater in 52 districts, and in 50, a plurality of voters believe the tax bill will increase their taxes.

hope reality changes that in the next month

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-tax-reform-n2440247

adding:

So far, over three million workers have received bonuses

Over 250 companies have agreed to hand them out, citing the bill’s economic impacts

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Don't sell Mueller short. The man is dangerous and he has one hell of a staff. Do not underestimate him. He is a genuine threat. Look how he took down ENRON from the outside-in. I am just saying to be wary.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sure. Wary. Got it.

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Don't sell Mueller short. The man is dangerous and he has one hell of a staff. Do not underestimate him. He is a genuine threat. Look how he took down ENRON from the outside-in. I am just saying to be wary.

There is no dispute that Weissman caused a great deal of grief as part of the ENRON task force.

ENRON collapsed, beyond hope. Weissman had no role in that. Arthur Anderson was the largest accounting firm in the world. Weissman caused an indictment of the firm, not merely the responsible partners, which resulted in the instant evaporation of the firm, ~20,000 jobs world wide. An early jury trial convicted the firm over records destruction in accordancecwith its retention policy.

Several Merril Lynch employees who were peripherally involved in a financing transaction both the Merrill Lynch counsel had concluded was perfectly proper were convicted, or pled guilty, faced with ruinous litigation and sentencing risks.

The Supreme Court, in a 9-0 vote in 2005, overturned the Andersen conviction. A year later, the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals erased all the fraud convictions against four Merrill Lynch managers. The jury had acquitted another defendant. Lots of suffering, lots of expense here.

In sum, the uber hard ball tactics resulted in gross manifold injustice. How do you get a criminal conviction overturned 9-0 at the Supreme Court?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sure. Wary. Got it.

I am just saying he is not to be underestimated. That is all.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wrote it down.

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I wrote it down.

OK Para. I got it. Did not mean to stir the pot.

I guess I am just worried. That is all

Smile

Andy Grove (INTEL CEO) had a famous quote--"Only the paranoid survive". And I live with a constant dose of mild paranoia. It is good to understand your enemy.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Calm Blue Ocean

It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Calm Blue Ocean

Awesome. Thank you.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Might as well put this here if I'm gonna be paranoid...

Just hackin' on yuh, Fish. Smile

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eminem has hit out again at Donald Trump, arguing that both Hillary Clinton and “a fucking turd” would have made for a better President than the current US leader.
Link

Guess what?

We already tried one of your choices, and it didn’t work out so good. Fool me once, and all that.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eminem has hit out again at Donald Trump

Yeahhh.....about that, Em'. Why don't you keep selling crappy albums to white guys who wish they were black and leave the heavy thinking to somebody else.

Mmmmkay?

Posts: 10753 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this from WSJ Kimberly Strassel

note: her dire warning hasn't happened yet, she is theorizing it might

https://www.wsj.com/articles/o...-the-memo-1516925395

Under House rules, a majority of the Intelligence Committee can vote to declassify the memo. Mr. Trump then has up to five days to object to its release. If he doesn’t object, the memo goes public. If he does, a majority of the House would have to vote to override him.

The shrieks of reckless harm and national security are designed to pressure Mr. Trump to object.

And wait for it: In coming days the Justice Department’s protectors will gin up a separate, desperate claim that Mr. Trump will somehow be “interfering” in special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe unless he objects to the release.

According to this view, it is Mr. Trump’s obligation not just to sit by while the media and the Mueller team concoct their narrative, but to block any evidence that might undercut it.

The slippery shadow in all this is Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ recusal put Mr. Rosenstein in charge of digging into the actions—right or wrong—of the Justice Department and FBI in 2016.

Instead of taking up that challenge, he named an old and dear friend of the FBI as special counsel, and directed him only to look at Mr. Trump. And Mr. Rosenstein appears to have signed up as an active participant in the effort to thwart any congressional investigation of the other side of the issue.

A department head interested in truth doesn’t flout subpoenas. He doesn’t do a runaround of the Intelligence Committee and try to sucker House Speaker Paul Ryan into aiding a stonewall by asking him to intervene just before a deadline and block a contempt citation.

He doesn’t sit on the knowledge of outrageous texts between FBI agents and force Congress to drag it out of him. And he doesn’t sign off on the leaks and character assassination in which his department daily engages to undermine Congress.

The good news is that these frantic reactions are a sign Americans are getting closer to the truth. So long as the truth-tellers keep moving forward.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Eminem has hit out again at Donald Trump

Yeahhh.....about that, Em'. Why don't you keep selling crappy albums to white guys who wish they were black and leave the heavy thinking to somebody else.

Mmmmkay?
THIS White guy has absolutely no desire to be Black, and can't stand "Black" "music".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post