SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    'I know, I'll dance in front of moving traffic....'
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'I know, I'll dance in front of moving traffic....' Login/Join 
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
In the video it's mentioned "this challenge has become another form of distracted driving".

Ummmm, jumping out of the moving vehicle you are driving is fucking stupid. If your driver-less car runs into mine, I'm gonna be pissed. I know YOU guys understand the point, but what is wrong with people? Wait, never mind. Too much wrong to explain.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckWall:
Best comment: "stereotypical Asian driver vs. BLM movement(s).. good hit"

No prolifflel vision??? Just asking.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We should encourage this behavior.

It will become a self-correcting problem.

I agree. The boiling water challenge, surfing on top of a moving train, there are endless possiblities. I am sure that Johnny Knoxville can think of other possibilites.

Posts: 17281 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I hope the driver of the car wasn't white.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suspect that these people are liberal, progressive democrats? And they want to run the country.....Let them all be flattened by a garbage or cement truck going 60 MPH!
Good Riddance to AH'a and low IQ voters......

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too bad that that car didn't permanently punch this ass clown's ticket. ignorant clowns such as that need to be removed from the gene pool.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
In the video it's mentioned "this challenge has become another form of distracted driving".

Ummmm, jumping out of the moving vehicle you are driving is fucking stupid. If your driver-less car runs into mine, I'm gonna be pissed. I know YOU guys understand the point, but what is wrong with people? Wait, never mind. Too much wrong to explain.

Not to mention illegal.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38005 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
At least while they are doing this they are
not punching people.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Just how dumb can you get?
For the people who do this sort of thing? I don't think that there are any limits.

Just when we think that we have seen "everything," somebody invents a new strain of dumb-assery.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30733 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'm reminded of the early 19th C Welsh poet and mystic. Gwillim ap Gwillim, who wrote indescribably awful poems in Welsh, and for the most part was ignored. He came to fame, however, for an entirely different reason, when one fine day, at the Dolgellau town May Fair, he made a wager that he could thrust his head between the spokes of a moving carriage wheel so quickly that he could withdraw it in complete safety.

He lost.

For many years thereafter, any act of stupefying stupidity was called 'doing a Gwillim' and people were urged 'don't be a F****** Gwillim'.

tac

Posts: 11335 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
Just how dumb can you get?
For the people who do this sort of thing? I don't think that there are any limits.

Just when we think that we have seen "everything," somebody invents a new strain of dumb-assery.

The possibilities are infinite, me boy.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Just wait.

If some have their way, 'driverless' cars may wind up replacing human drivers on the public roads....

Imagine the interaction possibilities between brainless/hostile pedestrians and these beasties...

Thought exercise 1....What 'should' happen if a driverless car comes up on someone brainless like this?

If you're thinking, "Well, driverless cars should brake for pedestrians, just like we do, duh," (i.e. they should obey Asimov's First Law of Robotics) you are probably right. What would the alternative be?

Thought exercise 2....What happens when idiots like this figure out the answer to thought exercise 1? How do you keep dolt pedestrians off the roadways, if they are absolutely and certainly safe blocking the roads? Wink

One of the public policy questions that will have to be answered regarding driverless cars is which life to take. For example, in a situation where the car has to decide between killing a pedestrian or the passengers of the car, what will the car decide?

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
This is the first I had heard of this ridiculous new fad.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-oZgdi-dnVU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
I can’t believe people need the government to tell them how stupid this is. Actually, I can believe it and that’s a really sad example of how stupid society has become.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post