SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Widow maker and me one week in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Widow maker and me one week in Login/Join 
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Glad you're doing better.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heart disease is something that runs in my family. Mu paternal grandfather died at age 63 or a heart attack. My older brother who was a jogger since age 19 died of a heart attack at age 59. However in his case he was part of the cause because he refused to report to his primary care physician that he had stopped jogging and started walking due to Fatigue. One simple Stress Test probably would have saved his life. Point is that if you have issues that are even mildly indicative of a heart issue REPORT THEM TO YOUR DOCTOR.

Second, I had a Mitral Valve repair and triple bypass in 2018. One of my bypasses is now 100% blocked but my cardiologist is just doing a watch policy on this "issue" because at my last stress test I scored 14.8 Mets. The reason that particular bypass got blocked so quickly is because of my habit of regular Exercise. It seems that there is so much perfusion in that area of my heart that there was not enough flow volume thru that artery that it blocked again. Point is that regular exercise can provide a very real safety cushion for heart Disease if you don't hide issues from your doctors. BTW, I report EVERYTHING to my Doctors, while in may not be "macho" it is Smart. Note, my regular exercise is a workout every other day that takes my average heart rate to the 112 to 116 bpm range for 40-50 minutes.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5660 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post