SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tile. Lost Thing Finder.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tile. Lost Thing Finder. Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Do any of you use a tile?

Is it worth the price?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Do any of you use a tile?

Is it worth the price?
. My sister in law uses one on her keys, what is the current cost?

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

what is the current cost?
That's a question that's hard to answer.

Different versions, different bundles, different vendors. Check the link in my original post, and look at Amazon and eBay, and any place else that you can think of.

If you look at n different websites, you will probably find n! / ∑ / ∞ different prices.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
For keys, they work great. Get one with a replaceable battery.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
For us, it all hinged on my wife keeping hers charged up. The one time she really needed, I asked her if it was charged and she said she wasn't using it to find something, only to be found.

And then, why did it need to be charged up for that...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
OK, we use tile, but note there have been a number of upgrades over time:
1. They are much louder.
2. The Pro model is louder still and has better range
3. They use replaceable batteries now—NOT rechargeable ones
4. You can use the phone app to find the keys or whatever, but you can also click on the tile on your keychain to find your phone
5. Much more than worth it, a great deal if—like most of us—you tend to lose EITHER your keys or your phone.

Posts: 18079 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
For a gentleman in your status group, Tile is recommended. You can even put one in your airplane to see where you last parked it.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
I just purchased one for my keys and my knife. The spring clip on my knife is sprung and I have lost it several times. So far the Tile has helped me locate it, I especially like the app that allows me to send a signal to the Tile and have it beep.

So far it is worth the $

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:

For a gentleman in your status group, Tile is recommended. You can even put one in your airplane to see where you last parked it.
There was a story (might even be true) about Howard Hughes. He flew his airplane to another city for a business meeting.

Time ran out and discussions were not complete, so Hughes accepted a ride back in the other party's limo, continuing the meeting during the ride.

A month or so later, the airport manager contacted Hughes, asking if the airplane was going to be parked there much longer.

Hughes said, "I wondered where I left that!"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I have had tile (4) for 2 years. I really haven't used it as the app needs to be on if you lose your phone and want to use it. It eats into battery life a little.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4016 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post