SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Stigma of Questioning Election Integrity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stigma of Questioning Election Integrity Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted
I don’t get it. The left would probably accuse me of being biased, and maybe I am, but I’m trying to be logical.

This whole mess of Biden questioning the integrity of the 2022 midterms, unless the voting rights bill is passed, was completely created by the left because of the stigma they placed on merely doing such a thing. They created the stigma in the first place because Trump questioned the integrity, and anything Trump does, they have to criticize, no matter how righteous it is. The left is now scrambling to reframe what Biden said to conceal their own hypocrisy that they created for themselves.

If there is evidence, before or after an election, then it’s fair game to question election integrity. I don’t see a problem with it. Am I wrong?

To question the integrity of an election before the election, without evidence, is stupid, and that’s exactly what Biden did. For one, how is the candidate going to go back on it if he wins? Biden could have easily avoided this by being non-committal and saying something like, “We’ll see.” The left’s problem is they can’t question the integrity of an election, even if they had evidence, because of the hypocrisy.

Year V

Posts: 2633 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Like everything the left does this is sheer hypocrisy and you can’t win with logic. The dems claimed Russia helped Trump win in 2016 for years, they even launched investigations and had commissions on it. Stacy Abrams screamed that she got cheated down in GA, and AFAIK still has never admitted that she lost.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15259 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The left always accuses the other side of what the left is actually doing.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3546 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The left always accuses the other side of what the left is actually doing.

This ^^^^^, precisely.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Can't argue with any of the above posters. Remember they said that Russia stole the election for Trump in 2016, then there's Stacy Abhrams who's the Gov of Georgia currently.

If they lose it's election fraud, if you question them winning you are seditious.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
You can't have a discussion or reason with a Dem anymore. They follow no rules of conduct. They immediately shout RACISM and stop all discussion.
They make up stories to support there positions.
Like dealing with a deranged 2 year old.
Unfortunately our Republican politicians provide lots of lip service but NEVER seem to come up with anything to combat them allowing the Dems to mouth off year after year.

If the Dems lose big in 2022 there will be major investigations and I have no doubt they will fabricate countless bull shit stories of voter fraud.
I can envision something like the Jan. 6th investigation except the Dems will actually prosecute and jail Republicans.

The Republicans knew way ahead of the 2020 election that the Dems would stop at nothing to cheat in order to win. They succeeded, they will do it again. The Republicans will do the exact same thing, scream like like girls but accomplish nothing except allow conservative talking heads to write more books to sell and promote the outrage for years on there talk shows.
Dem and Republican politicians are the same. There is no other way to explain how this continues.

Posts: 4638 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Election integrity is restored by simply fixing the last election; either prove irregularities exist, or they don't. If they did occur, decertify, it's in the law.

Then swear in the actual winner.

At present there is significant indication that warrants full and open investigation by the authorities in numerous jurisdictions.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Fuck any stigma. It only sticks if you accept it.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19697 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Questioning the integrity of a future election by the Dimwit Dems is Commie speak for "we haven't figured out how to steal the election yet."

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
One of the things Scott Adams has been saying is that if there is no audit process then you automatically need to assume the process is corrupt.

Why else would there be no audit process?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
If you claim a future election is going to be illegitimate, you set the devil loose. Should people even bother to vote in an election that will be illegitimate? Is it okay to cheat in such an election? Can the opposing candidate ever govern effectively if the election is pre-emptively declared illegitimate?

I remember people talking about the dead people voting in Chicago in the Kennedy vs Nixon election. Nixon lost, but did not protest it - it was considered poor sportsmanship to complain. Things started downhill starting when Al Gore claimed he beat Bush but got cheated. And look where we are now.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Wisconsin, 3,297,524 votes were cast in 2020. 115,252 of the votes were cast by people who were registered to vote in 1918. 1918, not 2018.

115,252 people over the age of 120, but no fraud could be found.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
…Should people even bother to vote in an election that will be illegitimate?…

That’s probably what the Demoncrats are counting on. Low Republican voter turnout usually works in their favor.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read an article that opined it was largely due to loss of religion. Americans once believed in fair play. As religion declined, the population became more narcissistic and replaced GOD with themselves (or Govt). Fair play is out the window with the me first mentality

Posts: 1408 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You asked why Dems are screaming about it.

If there's reason to worry about the integrity of the next election, then something should be done.

If "something should be done", then Republican efforts to tighten voting requirements are at least arguably as reasonable a way to protect election integrity as the Dem's efforts to make it easier for more ballots to be tallied.

The two approaches become moral equivalents where the Dem party line was that passing their legislation is a moral crusade: "we want to get more people to vote while the Repubs want to restrict access to the vote!" The other donkeys don't want to give up the pretense of the moral high ground, much less throw away a perfectly plausible propaganda campaign.

At the same time, if the problem is "election integrity" rather than getting more people to vote, then what does that concern say about Biden's and Harris' claim to the presidency and vice-presidency? It tells voters that Trump's claims that the 2020 election was stolen are at least a reasonable point of view rather than kooky-assed conspiracy theories. After all, why else would so many people be concerned about the upcoming elections if not because the last elections were shady?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It is an unbelievably dangerous and stupid thing to claim future elections might be illegitimate if they don’t turn out the way you want. What happens when the majority of Americans completely lose faith in the electoral process? What happens when they get angry?

I’d be lying if I said I have much faith in our electoral system currently.

I think the more immediate problem for America is the rising levels of toxic rhetoric coming from both sides of the aisle. It is a BIG problem when our two parties harbor more animosity towards each other than they do against existential threats like the CCP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21122 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
It might be my bias but it seems to me the Dems are the one's creating the need to question the integrity of our elections. I'm quite sure the R's hands aren't squeaky clean but we saw so much in 2020 that gave me pause. It doesn't seem that it would be terribly hard to have honest elections but then again ID makes sense to me so I don't know much I guess.

Posts: 3466 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigFan:
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
…Should people even bother to vote in an election that will be illegitimate?…

That’s probably what the Demoncrats are counting on. Low Republican voter turnout usually works in their favor.

Low Republican turnout occurred in the last election. 71 million (a new record) voted for the incumbent. 81 million voted for the opposition.

Investigations in Italy have turned up evidence of deliberate manipulation, and the voting machines are equipped with internet connections contrary to law. Evidence of ballot stuffing is still turning up and last minute changes to state law allowing voter drop boxes are now considered to be illegal in one state where it occurred.

The stigma of discussing these known crimes isn't to consider them outrageous allegations that need to stop - just follow due diligence with the law, prove it right or wrong. The current party in power refuses to do that.

If the cookie jar is empty and your three year old has bulging pockets but denies it, what do you do?

We need to do our job certifying the election was conducted properly, not let his older brother pat him down and say, "It's good!"

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Leftists are results oriented. Hypocrisy, lies, double think, false astonishment, shamelessness etc. do not matter. Remember Hairy Reid when caught having lied about Romney’s taxes? “We won, didn’t we?” That’s all that matters.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29723 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Low Republican voter turnout usually works in their favor.

Let's not make that mistake.

Posts: 27989 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post