SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Sources For Workout Suppliments?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Sources For Workout Suppliments? Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Looking for recommendations for reputable sources for workout supplements.

In particular: Looking for a source for MusclePharm BCAA 3-1-2. (Aka: BCAA Essentials.) I've been buying it from Amazon for years, but I'd like to get out from under Amazon dependency.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Bodybuilding.com and all star health.com are two places I shop.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Do not know if Vitacost has what you are looking for, or a like product, but we have been using them for years. Prices are reasonable, and service is quick. And they have a good guarantee. I do not personally deal with them as our daughter does all the buying for her and my families.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

I'll check them. Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Do not know if Vitacost has what you are looking for, or a like product, ...

Thanks. I'll check.

"Like product" won't cut it, though. I require the MusclePharm product particularly. There are tons of supplements out there. Thing is: For any given supplement: Brand A ≠ Brand B ≠ Brand C.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Wow. I'm kind of surprised with the low number of responses, what with all the people here on SF that work out.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I get ON Gold whey at Costco and that the only supplement I use. *shrug*

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:

+1 for Bodybuilding.com. Good prices and regular sales.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Prior to Amazon, I bought nearly everything at DPS Nutrition. Great prices and selection. They usually have a coupon code too.

For the OP's BCAA:
  • BB - $0.50 per serving
  • DPS - with coupon code $.426 per serving (w/o coupon code $0.533)

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fighting the good fight
    Picture of RogueJSK
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ensigmatic:
    Wow. I'm kind of surprised with the low number of responses, what with all the people here on SF that work out.

Several factors:

Only a percentage of the membership work out.

Of those that work out, only a percentage use supplements.

Of the percentage of the membership that buy supplements, only a small percentage buy that particular one.

And of those who buy supplements, even that specific one, only a percentage get them from somewhere other than Amazon.

So it's only a small subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of the overall forum membership that will have useful responses for you. Perhaps only a couple members in the end. That's the result of such a specific and narrow query.

Similar to Leemur, I can't be of much help in this instance because the only supplement I use is whey protein, which I get in bulk from Sam's Club.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    RogueJSK: Yeah, I figured that. But still...

tatortodd: Thanks, will look into DPS Nutrition

sig77: Noted. Thanks!

Leemur: Yeah, I get my protein powder almost exclusively at Costco. Sometimes at Sam's. Usually when they put one of the ones I like on sale.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
    posted Hide Post
    I get a lot of stuff at GNC and bodybuilding.com (they actually had a retail store here a couple years ago). That specific product at GNC shows out, but shows in at BB and MP.

https://musclepharm.com/products/bcaa-3-1-2-capsules

https://www.bodybuilding.com/s...?skuId=MPHARM5630029

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I will second DPS nutrition
    I never used it but my best friend of 36 years orders from them once a week or so.

We have been working out since high school and he studies the various supplements in his every waking moment. Which I don't know why he did study that stuff when we were at OSU.

I also use the Vitamin Shoppe for about everything
    Mainly because I can go into the store and get what I need.

Also another good site we have used for years is Puritans Pride.

I used to use a number of pre and post workout supplements but now I just use coffee for my pre-workout.

I do run through periods when I take vitamins and ZMA at night. Now a days I try to get all the nutrition from various fruits, veggies and meat.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for the add'l feedback/votes, 2012BOSS302 and mrapteam666.

Picture of TigerDore
    posted Hide Post
    I also like bodybuilding.com and Vitaminshoppe.com

plus I have just discovered a new source for great prices:

https://www.bestpricenutrition.com/

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I just started using myprotein.com, was using muscle pharm and optimum nutrition that I bought at Costco before that

Posts: 1702 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post