SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arizona Highway Patrol ... members ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Highway Patrol ... members ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
ADPS once tagged me for speeding on the outskirts of Phoenix. He had a one of the coolest patrol cars ever conceived: The Mustang LX Interceptor.
We spent a pleasant time talking shop for awhile but he declined to allow me to drive the Mustang. Too bad!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16091 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
What I want to do is mail this buckle to an Arizona Highway Patrol officer (whatever they are called now) who would better appreciate it rather than myself (who only received the buckle for attending an LEO seminar in Tucson).

Update ... I have learned that the number on the back of the buckle is not an officers badge number but rather it is nothing more than a sequential number of the making of the buckle.

As such, the buckle did not come from any particular officer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
After emailing with two of our members here ... I reached out to the Arizona DPS museum who got back to me that they did not have this buckle and would love to have it for display.

Will be going out in the mail to them soon.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Glad you found a good home for the buckle.
Can you post a picture of it?

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
Glad you found a good home for the buckle.
Can you post a picture of it?

Patrick,

I just emailed you the photos to the email in your profile.

Just too frustrated trying to keep finding sites to host a photo(s) to post.

On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:

Patrick,

I just emailed you the photos to the email in your profile.

Just too frustrated trying to keep finding sites to host a photo(s) to post.

Very cool buckle. I posted these to my image hosting site. Smile

Posts: 4129 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Thanks Patrick ... ! The last few times I used wingnut's photo hosting but today I could not access it.

Really appreciate you taking the time to do this !

One of our members remember seeing one before but not in this nice condition ... should be nice since it sat in my safe for 35 years and was never worn.

posted Hide Post
Gorgeous buckle

I forwarded the pictures to my AZDPS friend who in turn sent them to another AZDPS friend.

Evidently some of the older AZDPS still have them. Some were possibly Award buckles for the John Walker memorial Rodeo which is no longer held. Officer died on his daughter birthday. Ran out for a quick “buy”. Squad mate/ detective held the perp with an empty revolver until he got cuffed. That Detective later was my friends District Commander in Winslow

https://www.odmp.org/officer/1...fficer-john-c-walker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I received this buckle while attending the Law Enforcement Intelligence Unit (LEIU) seminar in Tucson, AZ in 1987.

Going into the mail today to the AHP/DPS museum in Phoenix.

* Update : The buckle was sent out this morning by USPS First Class and estimated to arrive on Saturday Jan 8th.

Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old dino,

posted Hide Post
Man, I love happy endings!

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Interesting. It's an Arizona buckle, but it apparently was cast in Texas.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Interesting. It's an Arizona buckle, but it apparently was cast in Texas.

flashguy

Rather Texas than Made in China ...