SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Arizona Highway Patrol ... members ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Highway Patrol ... members ? Login/Join 
Banned for
showing his ass
posted
Do we have any members who are Arizona Highway Patrolmen ?

Nothing wrong and am not asking for any favors ... just looking to pass on some information per se.

Thanks Smile

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
You mean DPS, don’t cha’?

Pretty good friends with one, but lost touch over the years. It was instructive to go on ride-alongs with him.

Posts: 13263 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
I really don't know what called today ... just remember from my notes back in 1987 when called Arizona Highway Patrol.

Historical trivia related.

Does not have to be current, even an old retired guy like myself.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope - but used to work with AZ DPS a lot a few years ago.

Posts: 46 | Registered: May 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
Damn ... one would think there would be some Arizona LEOs on this forum.

posted Hide Post
Maybe there are. Doesn't mean they are going to see or respond to your post in an hour on New Year's Eve. Give it a minute or two.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
I definitely know we have at least one here who's retired AZ DPS. His screen name is az4783054

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3172 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by amhaynie:
I definitely know we have at least one here who's retired AZ DPS. Screen name is AZxxxxxxx(bunch of number).

If you happen to know of them or anyone else ... please let me know, they will enjoy the trivia.

Thanks.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
While you wait:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?..._channel=maskedman46

That is perfect ... ! I have heard this song before by Junior Brown but have never seen a video to go with it.

Guess will have to watch and listen to it a few more times until hear from someone from the "Highway Patrol".

Thanks for sharing !

posted Hide Post
One of my best friends retired from there after 22yrs a couple years ago

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Phoenix PD carry Glock 22s. IIRC, AZ DPS carry P226s, but I never see those guys. I play in a band with a Phoenix PD cop, but he's not really a gun guy. I got pulled over a while ago by Tucson PD, but didn't see what he was carrying. Oh, also got pulled over by a Surprise bike cop and he was carrying a P320. We talked about the trigger issue a bit.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Would you please email me ... email in my profile. If you would please.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:

Done

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Done

Done too ... please check your email ! Smile

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
The rest of the story ...

Back in 1987 I was assigned as a detective in our Intelligence Unit and was sent to a seminar in Tucson AZ ... and damn, those boys showed us an amazing time !

I was given a nice brass belt buckle... Arizona Highway Patrol ... buckle number 0291. I came across it today and thought it would be best served to pass on to someone more deserving than myself.

Our Sig Forum member snghst knows of an Arizona Highway Patrol LEO from about this same area.

I am sending this buckle to snghst for him to share with this family.

Did not want this thread to be some mystery ...

posted Hide Post
quote:

Back in 1987 I was assigned as a detective in our Intelligence Unit and was sent to a seminar in Tucson AZ ... and damn, those boys showed us an amazing time !

I was given a nice brass belt buckle... Arizona Highway Patrol ... buckle number 0291. I came across it today and thought it would be best served to pass on to someone more deserving than myself.

Our Sig Forum member snghst knows of an Arizona Highway Patrol LEO from about this same area.

To continue…..

I have been in touch with my friend who recently retired AZDPS Tucson. Based on the badge number he believes they have now passed. He is going to talk to some people and attempt to locate the family so it can be gifted back to them. Rightfully

This is classic Sigforum stuff. I’m honored to assist

TBC…..

Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

To continue…..

I have been in touch with my friend who recently retired AZDPS Tucson. Based on the badge number he believes they have now passed. He is going to talk to some people and attempt to locate the family so it can be gifted back to them. Rightfully

This is classic Sigforum stuff. I’m honored to assist

TBC…..

Clarification ... actually I belive that the number on the back of the buckle may not be someone's badge number but rather maybe the sequential number of the making of the badge. I could be wrong.

What it says on the back, "This Buckle Custom Cast for Associated Highway Patrolmen of Arizona Buckle No 0291". The 0291 is larger than the text (which is clearly cast with the buckle), such as the 9 being shallower, the 02 deeper and the 1 an average depth ... as if the numbers were hand stamped individually.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Since I moved here in 2002, it was always DPS, until just recently. Now I am seeing some newer cruisers decaled "AZ State Trooper". They always referred to themselves individually as troopers. Now it seems the name is moving to the vehicles.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

Since I moved here in 2002, it was always DPS, until just recently. Now I am seeing some newer cruisers decaled "AZ State Trooper". They always referred to themselves individually as troopers. Now it seems the name is moving to the vehicles.

Maybe the name changed to DPS something after 1987 when I was in Tucson and got the buckle.