SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First grandchild born
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First grandchild born Login/Join 
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Congrats jhe888. Prepare to be wrapped around his little finger. Big Grin

We have 4 grandchildren, with # 5 on the way.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Grandpa!

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Congrats! That's awesome!

Posts: 5817 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats, he looks long.
I have 10, all ages.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Congrats and enjoy ,we have 2 with one on the way.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Well, congratulations. This can be the best opportunity of your life. But you've got to put the effort into it. I wish I'd known that with the first one. Our last, #7, is past 4 and I realize the best times were the earliest. You'll get a lot of advice. Some better than others.

I went out and replaced my recliner with a "fat boy's chair". Its for someone 1 1/2 times normal width. The little one fits just right there. When the little guy goes to sleep, have your wife or kids put him on your lap or next to you. I prefer facing me. I watch him sleep. And wake up. Its kind of called bonding. Then spoil the little guy at every opportunity. Don't listen to your wife or the kids mother when they say don't feed him something good.

My DIL had a quack for a doctor. No chocolate or peanut products till after 1 year. So I only cheated a little. Then time flew and he passed his 1st bday. And I was carrying him, as I always did. Walking thru the kitchen I spied a bag of Reeces cups. And I realized he was 1 plus a couple of days. So I picked one up, took it out of the package and took a small bite. He grabbed it and took a bite. I tried to take it back and he snatched it again. He liked it! And ever since we've shared about every flavor I can imagine. Mommy just accepts it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Cool

Q

Posts: 27513 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your family on getting that next generation underway!

Posts: 15144 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Good morning Campbell, welcome to the United States of America! When Granddad starts talking about certain things, pay attention- you don't want to mess up the blow: hookers ratio.

Congratulations to you and your family!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post