SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fewer Tears, Fewer Lies, And More Righteous Anger
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fewer Tears, Fewer Lies, And More Righteous Anger Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by showpro:
You can't kill them all. All you do is create new ones. That's a formula for endless conflict. And it's not a war. There's no one to surrender. There's no opposing government. It's not an army. It's an ideology that needs to be delegitimized. Delegitimized among its own adherents and potential adherents.

I wonder if the Japs thought that after we dropped the first bomb..."they cant kill us all".
I think think the willingness to kill them all will prevent exactly that, cause its sure as hell is the goal of radical Islam isnt it? Die or convert, no in between.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
Our grandfathers fought a similar enemy. A merged system of religion and politics resulting in a false sense of their own superiority and god-like leadership. (And no, it wasn't the Nazis, who had no single clear religion)

It was the Japanese. From 1896 through the end of WWII, Japan was arguably the most racist, violent, and devout population on the planet. And we didn't make fun of their religion to beat them. We didn't delegitimize their cause to beat them. We didn't try to make them think they weren't part of the cool kids club.

We bombed and burned and shot and stabbed the shit out of them at every turn, and that's what won the day. Brute force and extreme violence. We didn't exterminate them. But we killed enough of them fast enough to make the rest of them believe we could and would if necessary.

That's what beat religious/political extremism in the past; and it would work today too.

Very well-said!

Do you mind if I snag that and repost it elsewhere?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I think the answer is quiet assassination squads and pre-emptive contracts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: darthfuster,

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29726 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
When you find fire ants in the yard, you don't use just enough Andro to contain them, you go with the big jar and you enough to wipe them out.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Shit. I guess I was wrong. You can't kill them all. Hugs work better. These guys OBVIOUSLY thought about how it made their legitimacy look before they acted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...hristians-Egypt.html

Much better to do nothing as we don't want to make more terrorists. It's a good thing we can hug it out with them.

They seem reasonable, right? Forever what was I thinking. Oh, someone will point out that there is no known link to Muslims, or I'm sure that a couple of posters will be deeply searching to find what their motivations were. I'm sure this was another case of the Amish at work.

Folks, either wake up, or die beside these victims. It's your choice. Choose wisely.

You can play cute little games "Oh you can't kill them all" or the like, but at the end of the day if you don't get by what is meant by the "kill them all" mentality, you already have the mindset to lose, and enjoy getting lit on fire, drowned in a cage, or bombed at a public event. I'm tired of worrying about people's feelings on this matter. It seems to be the same mindset I've seen by many in training who are faced with a suicide bomber. They try to negotiate out the bombers deepest desires. The bomber then blows them all up. The guys who win are the ones that roll in, see the situation, and shoot him a bunch in the face. Too many people in this thread see to be in hopes that the terrorists kill them last because they are trying to be tolerant.

Kill them all.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37120 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5749 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Expose/brand them for what they are, make this the commonly-accepted understanding, then apply the Paul Kersey approach. (Kersey: "they're like cockroaches, if you don't get them all, what's the point?").

The jihadis:

• Breed like cockroaches
  • Foul everything they touch
  • Have no redeeming value

Posts: 6510 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post