SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First snow of the season
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First snow of the season Login/Join 
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Not NO but HELL NO....Not Here. ....... Here just the mention of the possibility of even the smallest dusting of the white stuff makes most of the people here in south Louisiana into absolute panic mode. Keep that white stuff up there in the frozen north. ......................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1945 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
Not NO but HELL NO....Not Here. ....... Here just the mention of the possibility of even the smallest dusting of the white stuff makes most of the people here in south Louisiana into absolute panic mode. Keep that white stuff up there in the frozen north.

It's the ones that figure WTH and venture out on the roads with zero experience or common sense that scare the $#%^& out of me.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
Buffalo is a great place for 11” of snow!!

If it's named Buffalo, it gets a lot of snow, I think it's the law.

Posts: 21041 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Surfaces my list of places I want to retire to:

Wyoming

Posts: 11341 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

FWIW there is both Buffalo, Wyoming where Garret is (west of me) and Buffalo, South Dakota (north of me) nearby which compounds things when hearing area reports.
Could be worse. You could be in Springfield. Or Salem.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30531 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
Buffalo is a great place for 11” of snow!!

If it's named Buffalo, it gets a lot of snow, I think it's the law.

Na - that just means they can't win a Super Bowl.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Oh hell no!
Theres a reason I live in FL.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3836 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Wow, well yeah I guess it is October so folks up north of us are getting snow. I am always amazed that snow falls so early when down here by the third coast its upper 80's and very humid and I am in shorts and flip flops. Hell we are still in Hurricane season here.

It looks beautiful though.

HK Ag

Posts: 3491 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Oh hell no!

Because snowfall is way worse than hurricanes? Confused

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8193 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Garret Blaine
posted Hide Post
I will take winter snowfall over the god awful heat and humidity any day.

-----------------------------------

Posts: 335 | Location: Buffalo, WY | Registered: June 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Oh hell no!

Because snowfall is way worse than hurricanes? Confused

Sounds like you get it.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3836 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I wouldn't mind some snow, that's a bit much.
Been warmer here in N.E. Ohio but it's supposed to get cooler starting Friday or Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.
Grilling in shorts and a hoodie is my favorite.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on retiring to Wyoming.
I can dress for the snow, wind and cold.
I have spent too much time out in the heat, humidity and bugs.

Posts: 363 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bald 1, nice pictures of snow in Rapid! Here in the banana belt, 4800', we got almost 3" of rain, only saw a few flakes fall! Snow to the north, east, west, and some to the south, but no accumulation here except for badly needed rain, most welcome!

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Garret Blaine:
I will take winter snowfall over the god awful heat and humidity any day.

Although I don't really do this, I'm one of those people that when summer comes I want head up to northern Canada, in contrast to heading to Arizona for the winter. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2072 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
Bald 1, nice pictures of snow in Rapid! Here in the banana belt, 4800', we got almost 3" of rain, only saw a few flakes fall! Snow to the north, east, west, and some to the south, but no accumulation here except for badly needed rain, most welcome!

Yeah it has reduced the annual deficit to less than an inch which really put a huge dent in the drought conditions we've been suffering.

As far as snowfall accumulation, downtown had about 3 inches. At my house more like 4 or 4.5 inches. Then there was Deadwood with 27"! Eek Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16139 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My wife has been lamenting over her poor flowers today...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30284 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Drove from Mankato, MN to Douglas, WY Wednesday. 40-60 mph wind for the state of SD. The eco-boost locked the injectors open, turning in 8.5 mpg for about 350 unladen miles, didn’t even try to run over 70.

Turning south the white stuff began. By Lusk, WY snow was plowed into 3ft windrows down the middle of town. Finally found a room in Douglas, WY. More snow heading south today, pretty much ran out of it at the CO line.

On the positive side the road surface was warm and the snow was melted by and large.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Drove from Mankato, MN to Douglas, WY Wednesday.

Man you picked a hell of a time for that roadtrip! Glad you're safe.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Is it true that stuff is wet?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15832 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post